Author Topic: How to Delete a Project or Workspace  (Read 17800 times)

mejohnsn

How to Delete a Project or Workspace
« on: March 03, 2006, 07:28:47 pm »
Hi guys-

Now that I got the basic Sample Projects building and running I notice there are two operations I would like to do, but for which I cannot find a simple menu command in the IDE: delete project and delete workspace.

I think I know how to do delete project by using Windows explorer (delete the .cpb file and, if desired, all the C/C++ files associated with it, and the .objs directory...), but it seems much more logical to do this with the IDE.

Likewise with workspace: sometimes I just want to delete and start all over, but all I can find is "rename workspace" and "save workspace".

TIA,

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: How to Delete a Project or Workspace
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:35:30 pm »
Not seriously?  :lol:
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 07:38:25 pm »
 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mejohnsn

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:15:56 pm »
Well, I wouldn't want to delete the project and start all over as _often_ if CodeBlocks would not insist that the file name for the translation unit containing 'main()' be 'main.cpp'!;)

But more seriously: most other IDEs (e.g. Netbeans 5.0) I have used support this capability. Why shouldn't Code::Blocks? And Netbeans puts the capability in the obvious place; Code::Blocks did not.

So is it in an unobvious place, or is it really not supported?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:12:01 pm »
It is really not supported. As little as Ctrl-F will format the hard disk :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 10:14:54 pm »
It is really not supported. As little as Ctrl-F will format the hard disk :)

:lol:

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:58:27 pm »
Well, generally you set up your projects inside their own directories. So to delete them you just delete the directory. We really wouldn't like a user complaining that we deleted his 6-year work because he clicked on the wrong menu :shock: