Author Topic: intel compiler integration  (Read 8424 times)

Andy

intel compiler integration
« on: March 02, 2006, 12:39:38 am »
i use code::blocks 1.0rc2 on an amd64 machine running gentoo linux. i installed the intel compiler but the list of compilers in code::blocks still contains only the intems "GNU GCC Compiler" and "SDCC Compiler". how do i add the intel compiler? i have read that it is "supported" but that's all...

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: intel compiler integration
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:05:36 am »
You need to get a recent version from SVN to get that working.

You can find plenty of information about how to compile it by yourself in the forums or where to get some prebuilt packages.

Andy

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 08:23:21 am »
great, thanks, i will look into that. i think there was an ebuild somwhere to install the svn version correctly on gentoo...

takeshimiya

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:36 am »

Andy

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 09:22:42 am »
ok, i set up the svn version and now the intel compiler appears in the menu, though it does not say "detected". this could probably be solved by some path settings. the main problem i see is that the compiler options do not change when i switch to intel compiler in the combo. there are still those for gcc. does that mean it is not finished yet and i have to set them manually or is it a bug?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 10:51:47 am »
ok, i set up the svn version and now the intel compiler appears in the menu, though it does not say "detected".

I have this problem too, but with MinGW (on windows). C::B autdetects the MinGW of Dev-C++ or nothing, even if I have a MinGW installed. This happen with the Borland compiler too.

this could probably be solved by some path settings. the main problem i see is that the compiler options do not change when i switch to intel compiler in the combo. there are still those for gcc. does that mean it is not finished yet and i have to set them manually or is it a bug?

In windows it I got the Intel compiler options. In Linux I do not know exactly. May be it is a bug or a WIP.

Best wishes,
Michael

Andy

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 11:14:20 am »
thanks for the comments. the whole compiler settings seem to behave really strange. sometime when i change the compiler in the combo, the appropriate settings appear, sometimes nothing changes and sometimes the settings for a different compiler appear. so i guess this is still wip and i will have to wait...

if this happens to anyone, please post your comments, maybe it's worth a bugreport.

Offline Slammer

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 11:22:05 am »
I have the same problem, with Compilers Dialog.
Look also : http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=2489

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 12:04:10 pm »
The compiler paths are hardcoded to the values that the "installer" from Intel suggests. So it might need some modifications to the paths. In windows there is an environmental var that points to the installation folder. As for the second part (messed up options) it falls under the "compiler framework redesign" AFAIK.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline Slammer

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 02:26:52 pm »
The problem is not ICC specific. I am trying to use two cross compilers (both are gcc based) and i have problem configure them.
I am setting up programs and paths correctly in compiler settings and if I enter again in compiler setting dialog, everything is in wrong position.
Finally I managed to have correct settings, only by editing codeblocks.conf file manually.(and avoid entering in Compiler Settings Dialog) :?

The same (almost) problem happens in Project Build Options. I am setting up targets that use different compilers. While the dialog working, it cant assign different compilers to different targets. All targets use the compiler for default target.

My feeling is that something happening with the combo box handling of both dialogs.

PS:Both of us, we are using Gentoo. Is possible this problem to be Gentoo specific? I dont use portage, I build CB-svn directly with configure/make/make install. No errors/warnings messages during build or execution.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 02:36:44 pm by Slammer »

Andy

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 12:08:29 pm »
i think i found a workaround based on your post :-) it seems you were right with the combobox: if i click to combobox and then change the compilers with the arrow keys, all is well. still i think it needs to be corrected. you might try this also with targets using with different compilers, might be the same thing.

unfortunately i can't issue a bug report as my berlios registration e-mail never arrived :-)

i don't think it's a gentoo specific problem. however, as it is the combobox i think it could be wx related. i have verison 2.6.2.

i hope this helps at least someone.

Offline Slammer

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 03:38:02 pm »
I will return to wxGTK version 2.6.1 to check if the problem exists. It is strange that nobody else has this problem. It is possible to have problem with wxGTK 2.6.2 build in gentoo only.
I am using codeblocks for 4 months, and I am sure that some weeks ago everything was OK.