Author Topic: Codeblocks and allegro  (Read 23000 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Codeblocks and allegro
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »
and I can't load the last nightly because "Too many clients for /codeblocks/CB_20060301_rev2102_win32.7z"

May be you can wait a bit and re-try. Personally, I compile C::B myself. It is not so difficult and it is worth :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 03:08:41 am »
About the textout_ex function undeclared it's because that function was introduced somewhere in Allegro 4.1.x, and 4.2.0 inherited it. That would mean the package you got is surely Allegro 4.0.x or a very old 4.1.x.

The conflicting declaration of BITMAP is because of Windows headers. If you don't include a Windows header with 4.2.0 it shouldn't complain AFAIK, but if you really need to include a Windows header be sure to include them in this order:

Code: cpp
#include <allegro.h>
#include <winalleg.h>
#include <windows.h> // or the Windows header you need

And also add in Project -> Build options, Compiler, #defines:

Code: cpp
__GTHREAD_HIDE_WIN32API

download123

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 04:23:02 pm »

Before, I forget, you should also download and install gdb 6.3.2, if you want to debug your applications.

Best wishes,
Michael

where can i get gdb 6.3.2??

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 04:28:13 pm »
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Gardian

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 01:10:53 am »
I'm sorry that I'm such a Noob but please help me ... I wont have to use an other program  :(

Sorry, but I do not have fully understood which problems do you have. Anyway, to use Allegro or any other library, you should include the path to the include files and the path to the libraries in:

Project-->Build options-->Directories-->Compiler //for the include files
Project-->Build options-->Directories-->Link //for the libraries

Moreover, in Project-->Build options-->Linker, you should added the libraries you need.

Hope this help a bit.

Best wishes,
Michael

I did this, and now i am getting, not an error saying that the commandsdon't exist or the .h files don't exist, but that that projects main.o file dosent exist, how do i fix this?