Author Topic: The 22 february 2006 build is out.  (Read 28983 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: The 22 february 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 10:30:45 pm »
Now since I can't specify a working folder for the Make command...

Submit a feature request.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 02:28:10 pm »
are these headers part of the project (so they show up in the project tree) ?? or are they include in project code, but the header is actually not specified in the project itself ??
They are part of the project. Headers that are not listed in the tree would not be saved even in the RC2 version, but now it does not seem to matter if they are in the project or not, they are not saved when the corresponding .cpp file is compiled. They are saved when the full project is build. It's only with compilation of an individual .cpp file that it's a (lesser) problem, but still a bit annoying.

fixed in revision 2076

boaz

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 03:06:01 pm »
Submit a feature request.

That still will not solve the problem because gcc 3.4 outputs its messages from inside build\msw folder but C::B expects messages relative to its project-file which is 2 folders below. Since it is an external makefile how can C::B figure what's going on.

I don't get it with the GCC people. It's like they are out there to make all our lives hell. CB is not the only one with this problem. KDevelop and dev_c++ have the same problem.  Some smart ass person decided to change the output of GCC and who cares about all these thousand of man work hours out there. Hell, most common practice on the gnu world is a recursive makefile system, where root makefile invokes child makefiles. Now how can an IDE figure that out if the relative folder is constantly changing?

"Look Mom, I just busted all these IDE lazy bastards to bits. I'm so full of myself" That’s grate change the only API interface with gcc, stdin/stdout, bust all users out there and "make a command line switch?" "No, your kidding, us? We are the GCC overlords we rule the world, haven't you herd?"

Oof that felt gooood. It is my opinion that GCC is the one single bad thing in OSS that is constantly wasting all our time over and over again. There must come up an alternative

Free life
Boaz Harrosh

Offline orefa

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 08:25:06 pm »
are these headers part of the project (so they show up in the project tree) ?? or are they include in project code, but the header is actually not specified in the project itself ??
They are part of the project. Headers that are not listed in the tree would not be saved even in the RC2 version, but now it does not seem to matter if they are in the project or not, they are not saved when the corresponding .cpp file is compiled. They are saved when the full project is build. It's only with compilation of an individual .cpp file that it's a (lesser) problem, but still a bit annoying.

fixed in revision 2076

Great, thank you!  :)

Offline Jorg

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 01:58:55 pm »
Thanks Seth I am so sorry I didn't replied earlier, the Thunderbird spam is too greedy and I didn't noticed thje reply email was in there..
Looking forward to the next version!

- Jorgen

sethjackson

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 04:09:29 pm »
Thanks Seth I am so sorry I didn't replied earlier, the Thunderbird spam is too greedy and I didn't noticed thje reply email was in there..
Looking forward to the next version!

- Jorgen

:lol: It's cool.