Author Topic: wxSmith not loading some wxs...  (Read 6049 times)

MariuszP

wxSmith not loading some wxs...
« on: February 27, 2006, 08:25:32 am »
Hi,
I'm using CB night build from 10 Feb, and encountered some rather nasty error. When I create resource (panel or dialog) using wxSmith and restart CB then CB loads only few of the wxs. And when I add any resource at this point and save project (and quit cb) then all the entries for all the items that were not loaded are lost from cfg. Additionally I tried to add manually all those items but doesn't want to work. Any clue on how can I handle this?
I work on Win XP..

--
M

takeshimiya

Re: wxSmith not loading some wxs...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:30:14 am »
You're probably expèriencing the bug where the wxs and the xrc goes out of sync.
To make sure, compare your wxs files with your xrc files with a tool like WinMerge.

If you can see that the changes you made are only present in the xrc file and not in the wxs, then it's high likely you're with the bug.
The only solution I know is to update the wxs at hand until it becomes in-sync again.

MariuszP

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:23:13 am »
I'm not using xrc....

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 10:23:40 am »
I'm using CB night build from 10 Feb

Hello,

You can also give a try to the latest nightly build and see if it solves your problem.

Best wishes,
Michael

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 01:15:22 pm »
I'm not using xrc....
I haven't experienced a bug where the cpp get's out of sync from wxs, but maybe you just found it.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 04:20:51 pm »
I know where may be the problem.

Currently wxSmith automatically removes resourceswhen it don't find source/header file inside project.
and C::B had some recently some problems when adding new files - You had to save project manually.

It that's the problem, tryto add cpp/h files generated by wxSmith manually, save project manually and reopen it :)