Author Topic: What about a fast compiler switch?  (Read 4717 times)

Trikko

What about a fast compiler switch?
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:02:00 am »
Hello. I've just added a new element on my C::B wish list: is it possible to add a combobox on toolbar to select the current compiler? If i need to compare result from different compilers i have to browse menu a lot of times....

Thanks,
A. Fontana

Offline tuft

• Single posting newcomer
Re: What about a fast compiler switch?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 09:43:44 pm »
Build targets are not enough? Just made another target with diferent compiler, you can swich them on toolbar.

Trikko

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 12:25:24 am »
Build targets are not enough? Just made another target with diferent compiler, you can swich them on toolbar.

It's not the same... In all IDEs build setting and target are never mixed. If not you lose the advantages of different compiler settings. Target is target compiler is compiler. If i have 4 compiler and 2 release have i to write 4*2=8 targets? And if i need to change a setting on a target have i to do it 4 times? In other case you just need to write 4 compiler settings and 2 targets...

That should be not so hard... just add a "shortcut" combobox for "project/build option/selected compiler"...

takeshimiya

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 01:14:18 am »
If i have 4 compiler and 2 release have i to write 4*2=8 targets?

Well, that is the point of add "configurations" idea in about revamping the compiler plugin idea rickg22 had some months ago.  :)
It will see the day after 1.0 (I think?)