Author Topic: Strange behavior when running project  (Read 5247 times)

Offline aro

• Single posting newcomer
Strange behavior when running project
« on: October 01, 2023, 02:19:52 am »
I am brand new to Code::Blocks, frankly I didn't even know it exists until recently...

I got the source code for GNU Radio on my Ubuntu and eventually figured out how to create the .cbp file. I was able to open the project in CB and build it without issues.

When I first tried to run it, it gave me the common message "you must select a host application to run command-only target". I changed the build target to GUI, since GNU Radio has a GUI, so I guess that's what the project should be...

Now when I try to run it, it gives me the message "It seems that this project has not been built yet. Do you wan to build it now?". I click Yes, it builds fine, then the same message pops up again. I click Yes again, it build again successfully... and that's it. Nothing else happens. This whole thing repeats itself every time I click Run.

Any ideas on what to do next? thanks

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Strange behavior when running project
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 12:00:27 am »
What little I found using web search on "GNU Radio" said it was an toolkit.

An toolkit is not an application in nearly all cases.

You likely need an example/demo "GNU Radio" application to use the  "GNU Radio" toolkit.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline aro

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Strange behavior when running project
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 02:32:50 am »
You are right, that's what I found out also. I created a demo application/file, and I was able to run it from the source code in VSCode by setting the path to that file in launch.json.

I assume I would have to do the same with code::blocks. Any ideas where I would do that?

I have another issue that baffles me. When I open the .cbp file, it opens the project with the folders in the workspace tree. One of the folders in the project has several subfolders in the file system. However, in the workspace tree, some of those subfolders are missing. Not all though... Any ideas about that? That's a strange one.