Author Topic: Code::Blocks Freezes in win10 pro  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Sasha

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code::Blocks Freezes in win10 pro
« on: November 07, 2020, 01:42:59 pm »
Today I get updates for win 10 Graphics compatibility support, net framework, and some other security updates.
After Installing all the updates many other programs working very fast but C::B_20.3 starts freezing time to time  :-X. I have no idea what makes it working wrong.
I have tried to install another old build of C::B and they have problems with graphics interface, the texts are broken in the old version of code blocks.
Any solutions appreciated.

Offline harrismh777

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks Freezes in win10 pro
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:41:38 pm »
 :(  Not good;  I literally spent 2 months cleaning up my Dell so that I could do some Win32 development with Code::Blocks,  and use the Rf9 flight simulator.  From "Cortana" to MacAfee Microsoft has really screwed up Win10 big time;  which leads me to my main point...  you're not having a problem with Code::Blocks,  you're having a problem with Win10.
Use Task Manager and Procexp to find out what is honking up your system.  You'll find some bloatware or rough service that is not playing well in the sandbox... especially considering that this didn't start until after Win10 updates.  NEVER put on optional updates or fixes for anything you  are not experiencing directly...  turn most of the updating off and manually select it when you notice that everyone is running fine.
 ::)  When you say "freezing" please be more specific.  Is it the debugger,  the editor,  the perspectives (project management stuff) or is the entire app "not responding";  or is the desktop frozen?
Sorry you're having trouble.

Offline Sasha

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 03:03:39 pm »
The whole app C::B is freezing, on the top corner is shows " C::B is not responding " and suddenly starts working again.
This circle is repeating every 15 or 16 minutes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 04:06:59 pm »
Do you have a big project opened? What are you doing when it freezes? What happens if you disable the CodeCompletion plugin? What happens if you attach a debugger and break? Where would it break.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Sasha

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 04:30:49 pm »
I don't have a big project opened, recently I tested it with a simple hello world program and it is still freezing.
After disabling the Code Completion plugin, nothing is changing at all.
I don't know how to attach an external debugger correctly to identify the issue IN C::B.
I have Premium version of IDA installed and open source ollydbg, x64/86dbg Installed.

Offline harrismh777

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 01:56:42 am »
You might have a DLL conflict.  Check your environment variables PATH and make sure that you don't have stuff above the system directories. If so,  move them down in the edit window;  below windows, windows\system32, and below the code::blocks paths. 
When code::blocks is not responding check procexp (system internals) and task manager and see what is running that is tying things up;  sounds like something is firing up every 15 minutes and calling home (or something).
Sucks,  sorry.

Offline Sasha

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 02:45:30 pm »
I have re Installed Windows and turned off all the updates, the problem is fixed.