Author Topic: Mac Binaries  (Read 84107 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
CompilerGDB missing from unix .cbp
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2006, 06:02:17 pm »
I cannot link McCodeBlocks SVN 2438 because it needs something called CompilerGDB::CompilerGDB().

There seems to be one in the Codeblocks.cbp, but none in the CodeBlocks-unix.cbp.

Should I change the code or the .cbp??

thanks
pecan

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: CompilerGDB missing from unix .cbp
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2006, 12:40:35 am »
I cannot link McCodeBlocks SVN 2438 because it needs something called CompilerGDB::CompilerGDB().

If it says "CompilerGDC", then please add that...

http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: CompilerGDB missing from unix .cbp
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2006, 01:07:25 am »

If it says "CompilerGDC", then please add that...

http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/

Acknowledge. Will add to CodeBlocks-mac.cbp
Also, am still verifying that the .cbp is correct.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Mac Binaries
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2006, 03:27:38 pm »
For anyone who would like to compile mcCodeBlocks with a cbp, here is the alpha patch containing the patches provided by afb and pecan.

It does not yet contain the contribs.

I have not yet tested the patched code  under windows and linux, so it most likely will change.

Remember; the .so files end up being .dylib files, so after running ./update, you will have to copy them to .../output if you do the update.

Also you will have to use a different ./run.sh: like:
Code
#!/ bin/sh
#  ^remove this space(and this comment)

APP_DIR=/Users/pecan/devel/mac/trunk/src/devel/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$APP_DIR:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

LIB=$APP_DIR

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:$LIB
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

#--exec $APP_DIR/codeblocks --prefix=$DIR
echo DIR=$APP_DIR
echo LIB=$LIB
echo DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
echo command line =exec $APP_DIR/codeblocks --prefix="$APP_DIR"

exec $APP_DIR/codeblocks --prefix="$APP_DIR"

Find attached macdiff.zip

thanks
pecan

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:41:13 pm by Pecan »

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2006, 11:17:53 pm »
For anyone who would like to compile mcCodeBlocks with a cbp, here is the alpha patch containing the patches provided by afb and pecan.

Find attached macdiff.zip

It seems like all these patches (except the new project) are regressions of previously reported bugs like the "propgrid" bug or the AngelScript "malloc.h" bug. So they'll need to be reopened or reported again, I suppose. (AngelScript is of course still awating a "final solution"...)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2006, 04:27:51 pm »
It seems like all these patches (except the new project) are regressions of previously reported bugs like the "propgrid" bug or the AngelScript "malloc.h" bug. So they'll need to be reopened or reported again, I suppose. (AngelScript is of course still awating a "final solution"...)

Anders..
I can be blind as a bat sometimes, but I cannot find any of your patches on berlios. Maybe they're on another svn tree...??

Every time I svn update, I have to re-apply your patches. So I don't think they are "regressed". They just arn't there.

Could I have permission to test (against windows and linux) your mac patches and  submit them to berlios.

thanks
pecan

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2006, 04:32:08 pm »
I can be blind as a bat sometimes, but I cannot find any of your patches on berlios. Maybe they're on another svn tree...??

Every time I svn update, I have to re-apply your patches. So I don't think they are "regressed". They just arn't there.

Could I have permission to test (against windows and linux) your mac patches and  submit them to berlios.

I haven't checked where old patches go to die, but I'm pretty sure that I submitted them...
Either way, if you could resubmit them then that is quite alright with me as they're needed.

I think that AngelScript had a better fix coming from upstream, but until that happens so ?

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2006, 04:33:55 pm »
It's possible that they were on SourceForge, before the move...

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2006, 04:55:17 pm »
It's possible that they were on SourceForge, before the move...

Sorry they got lost; but I'm gonna resubmit them over the next couple of days anyway. We'll then have a record of them through berlios.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2006, 07:30:56 pm »
Does anyone know of a GDB 6.3 for MAC Panther (10.3).

The current gdb 5.3-20030128 (apple version gdb-330.1) does not appear to work with CodeBlocks.

thanks
pecan

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2006, 09:29:42 pm »
Does anyone know of a GDB 6.3 for MAC Panther (10.3).

The current gdb 5.3-20030128 (apple version gdb-330.1) does not appear to work with CodeBlocks.

Hello,

I do not know if the is a gdb 6.3 for Panther. May be you can build it from the sources.

I have found this info here:

Apple versions, for Mac OS X 10.4.x "Tiger":

New versions: (Xcode Tools 2.1-2.2)

* gcc-???? (based on GCC 4.0.1)
    * gdb-???? (based on GDB 6.3)

Note: Xcode 2.0-2.1 use GCC 4.0 and are very buggy in general. Upgrade to Xcode 2.2 or 2.2.1 or later!

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2006, 10:15:10 pm »
(it might be possible to build a FSF version of GDB 6.3 for Mac OS X 10.3, just as you might succeed building a FSF version of GCC 4.0 - but it is not supported by Apple)

What seems to be the problem with GDB 5.3, by the way ? (perhaps start a new topic though)

PS. Glad you liked the GDC page, I cleaned the info up a little.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2006, 02:57:10 am »

What seems to be the problem with GDB 5.3, by the way ?

gdb 5.3 just stalls when used as a plugin. Even on a simple "hello world".

It shows no breaks, no watches, nothing. It recognizes "continue", but does nothing about it.

CodeBlocks appears to need 6.3 to debug correctly as a plugin.
gdb 5.3 works ok as a command line debugger only.

Lots of msgs about this on the forum.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:21:39 am by Pecan »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2006, 10:51:14 pm »
(it might be possible to build a FSF version of GDB 6.3 for Mac OS X 10.3, just as you might succeed building a FSF version of GCC 4.0 - but it is not supported by Apple)

Bad news. It appears that gdb 6.3 will not compile on Panther(10.3.9).
That means *no* integrated debugging with CodeBlocks.
That means I'm about to abandon the Panther ship. Buy some more memory and see If I can run Tiger on this imacg3.

Oh well.. it was worth the effort, maybe. :(
But if a user cannot easily compile 6.3 on Panther, then I think that might be the death nell of CB on 10.3

I ran ./configure from within the src folder, then make.
gdb 6.3 (apple gdb-434) gets the following errors. I've no idea what the errs mean.

Code
gcc -c -g -O2 -DTARGET_POWERPC -I./macosx -I./macosx -DWITH_CFM=1 -DUSE_PTHREADS  =1 -Wall -Wimplicit -Wno-long-double  -I. -I. -I./config -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/loc  al/share/locale\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./../include/opcode -I./../readline/.. -I..  /bfd -I./../bfd -I./../include -I./../mmalloc -I../intl -I./../intl  -DMI_OUT=1   -DTUI=1 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -W  format -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wformat-nonliteral -Wunuse  d-label -Wunused-function  ./macosx/ppc-macosx-nat-exec.c
gcc -c -g -O2 -DTARGET_POWERPC -I./macosx -I./macosx -DWITH_CFM=1 -DUSE_PTHREADS  =1 -Wall -Wimplicit -Wno-long-double  -I. -I. -I./config -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/loc  al/share/locale\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./../include/opcode -I./../readline/.. -I..  /bfd -I./../bfd -I./../include -I./../mmalloc -I../intl -I./../intl  -DMI_OUT=1   -DTUI=1 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -W  format -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wformat-nonliteral -Wunuse  d-label -Wunused-function  ./macosx/macosx-nat-watchpoint.c
gcc -c -g -O2 -DTARGET_POWERPC -I./macosx -I./macosx -DWITH_CFM=1 -DUSE_PTHREADS  =1 -Wall -Wimplicit -Wno-long-double  -I. -I. -I./config -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/loc  al/share/locale\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./../include/opcode -I./../readline/.. -I..  /bfd -I./../bfd -I./../include -I./../mmalloc -I../intl -I./../intl  -DMI_OUT=1   -DTUI=1 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -W  format -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wformat-nonliteral -Wunuse  d-label -Wunused-function  ./macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c

In file included from macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:57:
macosx/macosx-nat-inferior-debug.h:21: error: parse error before "mach_vm_addres  s_t"
macosx/macosx-nat-inferior-debug.h:22: error: parse error before "mach_vm_addres  s_t"
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c: In function `dyld_starts_here_p':
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:369: error: `MH_MAGIC_64' undeclared (first use in this   function)
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:369: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported onl  y once
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:369: error: for each function it appears in.)
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:369: error: `MH_CIGAM_64' undeclared (first use in this   function)
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c: In function `macosx_dyld_init':
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:613: error: `CPU_TYPE_POWERPC64' undeclared (first use   in this function)
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c: In function `dyld_info_process_raw':
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1003: warning: unsigned int format, long unsigned int a  rg (arg 3)
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1077: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an inco  mplete type
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1093: error: `LC_SEGMENT_64' undeclared (first use in t  his function)
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1095: error: storage size of `segcmd' isn't known
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1097: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an inco  mplete type
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1095: warning: unused variable `segcmd'
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1151: warning: unsigned int format, long unsigned int a  rg (arg 6)
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c: In function `info_sharedlibrary_raw_dyld_command':
macosx/macosx-nat-dyld.c:1979: warning: unused variable `task'
make[1]: *** [macosx-nat-dyld.o] Error 1
make: *** [all-gdb] Error 2
iMacG3:~/devel/mac/proj/gdb-434/src pecan$
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:01:47 pm by Pecan »

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2006, 11:17:26 pm »
gdb 6.3 (apple gdb-434) gets the following errors. I've no idea what the errs mean.

As far as I can tell it says that you are missing support for PPC64 targets...