Author Topic: Change things in CB 20.03 back to the way it was in CB 16.01  (Read 11523 times)

Offline hbcpp

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Change things in CB 20.03 back to the way it was in CB 16.01
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 01:23:43 am »
Seems right, now you have to show us the backtrace (debug -> windows -> call stack or run the bt command).
If I give you this information for your program would you be able to pinpoint the cause?

Are you sure you're not mixing wx headers and dlls from different releases?

I since abandoned that project and started over.

However, following this ticket, I went to wxWidgets Github Repo, downloaded it and built it.
I applied the patch provided in the ticket and it built well but the problem was not solved even though it was claimed that it was fixed.
The keywords auto-completion are horribly ellipsized when using DirectWrite. But since I had some trouble applying that patch, because there were some parts that were not clear for me, it might be me who did something wrong when applying the patch.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 01:26:50 am by hbcpp »

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 10:21:27 am »
wxSTC is fixed in wxWidgets' trunk, but C::B uses a customized version of it. You must wait until some dev copies the updated code and customize it again.

My patch for this problem works OK, but fails on HiDPI systems because the original code was flawed for them.

Offline hbcpp

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 12:05:45 am »
wxSTC is fixed in wxWidgets' trunk, but C::B uses a customized version of it. You must wait until some dev copies the updated code and customize it again.

My patch for this problem works OK, but fails on HiDPI systems because the original code was flawed for them.
Can I update it myself??
I am not getting the reason it is failing on HiDPI systems, how an HiDPI system affects the code?

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 09:34:30 am »
Can I update it myself??
Of course, but it can be a hard task; Also, even if you get it working in your system the pull request may be rejected.

I am not getting the reason it is failing on HiDPI systems, how an HiDPI system affects the code?
The code must make some parts bigger when using HiDPI, so the texts are readable and other parts have a reasonable size. You can use scaling, but it may make thing worse. See https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/1906 for the discussion on this.