Author Topic: Importing CMake Project?  (Read 4053 times)

Xahon

Importing CMake Project?
« on: August 23, 2020, 06:31:01 pm »
I used to use cmake for my regular c++ development. Now, I'm searching for a cross-platform IDE for my purposes. My requirements are: 1. Cmake support, 2. Free. Looks like Code::Blocks fits my requirements but I can't understand how does it deal with project management. All IDEs and text editors I used before had a mechanism of importing a project using several possible build tools, like cmake, msbuild, sconstruct based importers for c/c++ development. Code::Blocks has no built-in default importer for CMake (As far as I've seen). I don't want to bother with command line commands (at least on windows), is there a GUI method to import cmake project and generate it in Code::Blocks (or a plugin may be)?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Importing CMake Project?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 07:10:18 pm »
CMake can generate Code::Blocks projects. You could probably use cmake-gui to setup all the variables, I'm not sure if it is possible to do the initial setup from cmake-gui though.
So the only command you're supposed to run in the command line is the initial cmake command. After that you should be able to be all UI.

Another slight quirk might be running and debugging your projects. It generally depends on how it is setup. If it needs an installation (running the install target) before it is runnable, then it might probably be really hard to run/debug from the IDE.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]