Author Topic: What happened to the old icons  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Plank

• Single posting newcomer
What happened to the old icons
« on: August 05, 2020, 04:26:17 pm »
This is a rather dumb question but it's really bothering me I don't know why, I switched to Linux a while ago and i noticed that the icons are looking kind of flat and not how they looked on windows. It's probably because they updated them but i really hate the new icons and I'm not sure why. I uploaded two screenshots, the first one the old icons and the second one are the icons that I have right now. Anyone knows a way to get them back? I tried installing older versions but it really messed up the system since the packages were apparently broken, so I had to purge it.

Offline sodev

• Regular
Re: What happened to the old icons
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:11:01 pm »
A lot of work was done to provide icons in multiple resolutions to give better results in HiDPI environments, i don't think the old icons will return. Of course you could always extract them from an own build and rename/move them into the proper locations and create all required resolutions by simply resizing them, but im afraid that will take quite some time.

Offline Plank

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 06:54:03 pm »
Huh, well thanks for the info.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 08:00:05 pm »
The new icons are hosted here https://github.com/specialmart/cb-icons
If you want any of the icons to changed you have to provide a patch for the svg images with your proposal.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]