Author Topic: I want to customize C::B icons!  (Read 8165 times)

Trikko

I want to customize C::B icons!
« on: February 19, 2006, 06:52:28 pm »
It seems that icons customization is not available. What about it? Using wxWidgets it should not so difficult. For example you can add support for zip file using them as filesystem and reading images from it. Using directory inside zip you could make a structure. So users just need to draw icons and zip them to make a new theme.

Why don't you add a "customize" section to c::b website where user can upload/download custom themes and config (for syntax highlighting too...)?

A. Fontana
HP: www.e-nuts.net

takeshimiya

Re: I want to customize C::B icons!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 07:50:25 pm »
You are free to make icons for C::B yourself.
Wheter they will be accepted, or not, it depends on the mood of some developers. :wink:

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 07:58:11 pm »
Wheter they will be accepted, or not, it depends on the mood of some developers. :wink:

Although I guess this is not directed to me, may I remind you that you 're talking about an IDE here?
If you want themes/skins/and-such-customizations you should really be looking for other kind of apps like instant messengers, multimedia players, etc.

Why is it so hard to grasp?
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 08:01:46 pm »
It is not so much a matter of mood. It is a matter of your attitude, Takeshi.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 08:04:09 pm »
If you want themes/skins/and-such-customizations

Yeah, I was going to say that there is Winamp or other programs for those things.

However I think that this kind of "theme icons" feature requests will be a leverage of past Dev-C++ users. Like various other users are requesting for .rc automatic things like Dev-C++ had.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 08:12:17 pm by Takeshi Miya »

takeshimiya

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 08:11:27 pm »
It is not so much a matter of mood. It is a matter of your attitude, Takeshi.

I think that there was a miss-communication before, I even got some PMs about it.
I was touched by _your_ attitute disqualifying another works. I don't really know what I should have done.

But anyways, I can forgive anything from the past if you do too. Problems of communication will always occur when it's not our native language.

Trikko

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 01:20:30 am »

Although I guess this is not directed to me, may I remind you that you 're talking about an IDE here?
If you want themes/skins/and-such-customizations you should really be looking for other kind of apps like instant messengers, multimedia players, etc.

Why is it so hard to grasp?

Yes it's a dev app. I work with it many hours a day (thank you for this lovely ide) so i want to get it as confortable as possible. I don't like so much these icons, they recall me some (old) bad IDEs. And colors are too vivid i need something more soft to relax during coding :) I'm not crazy...

By the way if you don't add this feature i'll start a c::b fork just with this new feature  :evil:  (ehehe i'm joking...)

I'm sorry for this annoyance that was just a suggestion...

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 01:40:02 am »
If you don't like a certain icon (or all) then you can just replace the exising ones, they're plain normal files inside share/CodeBlocks/images. You may have to make sure you get the sizes right, for some of them have hardcoded sizes if I remember correctly.

Generally, being able to easily theme icons is of course a nice gadget, but you'll understand that as long as we still have real bugs and real IDE issues, this is the absolutely least important thing ;)

EDIT: Hmm wait a second... in case you're talking about the Explorer icons, that's a different thing of course. Those are not quite so easy to replace. On the other hand, this would be rather easy to implement, once we've settled on the final numbering scheme.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 01:45:28 am by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."