Author Topic: Problem with mising dll  (Read 6378 times)

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
Problem with mising dll
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:31:54 pm »
Have instaled the latest version of CB but when starting always geting mesage about some mising dll. Umfortunately this forum is not worcking on normal PC, so can't post the exact error mesage. Google seatch said it some of visual sh*t dlls, so I think no need to mention what my OS is.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Problem with mising dll
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 08:36:18 pm »
What OS version? Include 32 or 64 bit information!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 10:15:30 pm »
Win 7 pro 64 bit, but CB is 32 bit. All previous CB versions were 32 bit to and worcked perfectly on this OS.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 10:23:34 pm »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 12:37:57 pm »
32bit version is known to be problematic.
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,23770.msg162098.html#msg162098
OK, looks like the problem, mentioned in that thread, is exact the same as mine. Since my OS is 64 bit should be no problem fro me to use 64 bit CB version. Posibly a stupied question, will I be still able to compile 32 bit applications with 64 bit version?

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 04:41:10 pm »
This does not depend on CodeBlocks but on the used compiler. If you intent to use CodeBlocks with the bundled compiler it is important to know that MinGW-w64 is not multilib. I guess the 64 Bit download contains a 64 Bit toolchain so this one can't build for 32 Bit, in that case you need to install a 32 Bit toolchain yourself.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 07:47:36 pm »
OK, looks like the problem, mentioned in that thread, is exact the same as mine. Since my OS is 64 bit should be no problem fro me to use 64 bit CB version. Posibly a stupied question, will I be still able to compile 32 bit applications with 64 bit version?
Yes, but debugging would be close to impossible.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 07:27:33 am »
For me it is working. I have "cocktail" of 64b CB, 32b gcc 9.2 from Winlibs and TDMs 32b GDB.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 02:21:31 am »
Try to set a breakpoint while the application is running - it should fail :)

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 12:31:26 pm »
I donĀ“t care about debugging, as long I can produce a 32 bit executable.

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 06:47:08 am »
Try to set a breakpoint while the application is running - it should fail :)
I had to live like this for years and now I did not even recognize that it is a problem.  ::)
I'll check behavior at Monday.

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 12:42:28 pm »
An other posibly stupied question, at the moment I am still using version 17 with compiler that has no problem to produce 32 bit executables, can I just instal the new CB version over the old one, so it uses the worcking compiler?

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 01:36:52 pm »
If the compiler was installed with C::B then the 17.12 uninstaller could possibly remove the MinGW installation (I do not use the installer).

I would download the last nightly and put it over the 17.12 installation, it has some advantages over the 20.03 release and it will use your existing compiler.

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 03:32:11 pm »
If the compiler was installed with C::B then the 17.12 uninstaller could possibly remove the MinGW installation (I do not use the installer).

I would download the last nightly and put it over the 17.12 installation, it has some advantages over the 20.03 release and it will use your existing compiler.
Would really like to stay with the release version. So if I understood you right, installing 20.03 would automaticaly uninstall the previous version including everything installed with it like compiler? The result would be version 20.03 without any compiler, right?

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 03:48:24 pm »
Well, I wrote "could possibly remove". I don't use the installer, so I don't know if it uninstalls the previous version or it just overwrites it.
Looking at the nsi files, I think uninstallation removes C::B and the compiler, and installation overwrites C::B previous files without uninstalling anything, but I can be completely wrong.

https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/code/HEAD/tree/setup/setup_wx31_32bit.nsi