Author Topic: [PARTIALLY SOLVED] wks files don't reopen automatically  (Read 3102 times)

Offline dcbdbis

• Multiple posting newcomer
[PARTIALLY SOLVED] wks files don't reopen automatically
« on: July 12, 2020, 06:53:35 pm »
Good Morning All,

Using Code::Blocks 20:03 under MX-Linux 19.2 AHS edition. I'm on an AMD ThreadRipper Gen I, with 64 gb of ram, and 15 tb of storage, so horsepower is not a problem.

I've got a fairly large project that is nearing the end, and I'm having an issue that is not a show-stopper, but is an irritant to my workflow.

I've searched the web, and searched the forums, and found nothing on this. Likely - it's probably a fault in my search terms.

The wxSmith files (wks) do not automatically reopen when I open an existing project in CB. It then forces a person to manually re-open them. The .cpp and .h files reopen perfectly - always have. But not the wks files. On larger projects this becomes a pain in backsides.

In my workflow - I always have the WKS displayed first, the cpp file next, and then finally the .h file. This makes it easy to tweak the UI at the same time I'm working on my code.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? Or a link to a post that does?

I would very much appreciate it.

Thank You!

Dave
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:10:15 pm by dcbdbis »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: wks files don't reopen automatically
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 07:17:23 pm »
They are not remembered/reopened/saved automatically. Only source files do this.

On larger projects this becomes a pain in backsides.
Just use alt-g (Search -> Goto file).
Larger projects means hundreds and thousands of files.
I doubt you want to have them all opened and then to search for them in the drop down of the notebook.

(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dcbdbis

• Multiple posting newcomer
[PARTIALLY SOLVED]Re: wks files don't reopen automatically
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 10:09:50 pm »
OK - I understand.

May I suggest for the next version - that you include opening any wks files at the same time you do the same for cpp and h files?

I didn't think about the shortcuts. It's a little easier than traversing through the entire resource tree. And Yes - I have hundreds of files in this application.

Thank you for your response!

Dave

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: [PARTIALLY SOLVED] wks files don't reopen automatically
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 11:39:05 pm »
Did you try adding "*.wxs" to the project source files?

Right click on workspace;
Select "Edit file types & categories"

No idea if it will make a difference; but, your request here will be lost and forgotten.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: [PARTIALLY SOLVED] wks files don't reopen automatically
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 01:09:54 am »
Did you try adding "*.wxs" to the project source files?

Right click on workspace;
Select "Edit file types & categories"

No idea if it will make a difference; but, your request here will be lost and forgotten.

Tim S.
It will be good if try this yourself.
Giving random advice without understanding the consequences isn't really helpful in the long run.  8)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]