Author Topic: Will write a simple drawing program  (Read 2476 times)

ketanco

Will write a simple drawing program
« on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:00 am »
This is my first post and hi everyone. I am new to C++ but I want to learn. I use Windows 10.
Is codeblocks ok to use on windows?
I want to make my own simple cad drafting program. Yes it is reinventing the wheel but I want to do it anyway, to learn C++ and to have my own drawing program on my computer even if it may be extremely simple which will run on my computer with windows 10.
Is codeblocks ok to use for it? The usual libraries are ok or I must have extra ?

Also, i ask about codeblocks because someone told me MS visual studio that comes by default with Windows 10 must have a paid upgrade to use properly. Or it is wrong ? I dont want to pay for a compiler when i dont know C++ yet

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Will write a simple drawing program
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 07:24:33 pm »
Also, i ask about codeblocks because someone told me MS visual studio that comes by default with Windows 10 must have a paid upgrade to use properly. Or it is wrong ? I dont want to pay for a compiler when i dont know C++ yet
No it does not come by default, other things you have to ask on a MS visual studio forum.

I want to make my own simple cad drafting program.
Then you probably will need some GUI library to show things...

Is codeblocks ok to use for it? The usual libraries are ok or I must have extra ?
Codeblocks is a fancy text editor. It only helps you compiling your program. Normally it does not ship with a compiler ( but for convenience there exists a installer version with gcc) and also does not include any library you need to show things (GUI ecc). It supports wxWidgets but you have to install it by yourself (you can find many you tube videos how to do this)

Is codeblocks ok to use on windows?
For me it works quite well