User forums > Nightly builds

The 12 June 2020 build (12169) is out.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Xaviou:
Hi.

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 13, 2020, 11:57:34 am ---
--- Quote from: Xaviou on June 13, 2020, 10:31:41 am ---The file "/etc/debian_version" doesn't have the same format on "debian only" and on ubuntu distros :

* On "debian only", it contains the real version numbers (for example 10.4 for the last stable release)
--- End quote ---
I don't have debian and I would like to not have to install it, so I'll be happy to see the contents of this from various debian releases.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 13, 2020, 12:19:19 pm ---Also getting the content of /etc/os-release and lsb_release -a would be helpful, too. I guess this script would have to be made massively complex to handle all the variations. :(

--- End quote ---

Attached to this post is a 7z archive with 4 text files containing each:

* The content of the /etc/debian_version file
* The content of the /etc/os-release file
* The result of the "lsb_release -a" command
The first problem encountered is that the "lsb_release" command is not available on debian unstable so it can't be used for detection.

The reason of the difference in the "/etc/debian_version" files comes from debian (difference between stable and unstable from whitch ubuntu is made) .

I'll try to investigate in improving the version detection.

Regards
Xav'

Xaviou:
Another problem noticed on Linux: the "language" button shown in the status bar when a file is opened is covering the path of this file.

Attached screenshot1 shows this, and screenshot2 shows the button "hovered".

This problem appears on both Debian (from my packages) the Ubuntu (from oBFusCATed's ppa).

Regards
Xav'

oBFusCATed:
Gtk2 or Gtk3? (gtk3 is highly untested and probably broken in multiple places, I have to switch my main install to it and start fixing it, but I'm hesitant)

Xaviou:
Hi.

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 13, 2020, 05:24:53 pm ---Gtk2 or Gtk3? (gtk3 is highly untested and probably broken in multiple places, I have to switch my main install to it and start fixing it, but I'm hesitant)

--- End quote ---
Both :

* The screenshots were made on a real Debian install of my packages (made with Gtk2)
* I've also made the test on an Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine with the packages of your ppa (made with Gtk3)
Regards
Xav'

oBFusCATed:
OK, I see it. Search the ticket page and if you don't find a duplicate please log it. No idea why it is so broken. Either we do something we're not supposed to do or wxgtk is buggy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version