Author Topic: Using global compiler linker settings and search directories  (Read 2934 times)

Offline makingmike

• Single posting newcomer
I have linker options and compiler and linker search directories set up in global compiler settings, but they aren't being used by my project.

How to do get the project to use these instead of having to fill out the build options for each project when I'm using the same settings for all of them?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Using global compiler linker settings and search directories
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 08:00:05 am »
Why do you think they aren't used? Have you inspected the build log? Have you set the options in the correct compiler?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline makingmike

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:23:13 am »
Well now I feel like a fool. Yesterday the autofill wasn't coming up with anything from the SDL libraries unless I put in all the project specific linker settings so I assumed it was a linker problem but now everything is working fine and I have no idea what changed and am questioning all my life decisions...

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 01:46:18 pm »
If any of the setting used shell scripts; then, it is common for them to be only ran once and the values saved.
This results in problems that are only fixed by exiting Code::Blocks and restarting it on Windows.

I have been told that this is not true on other OSes; I have no idea if this is true or not.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org