Author Topic: How to do a clean reinstall on Windows 10?  (Read 3392 times)

Husoski

How to do a clean reinstall on Windows 10?
« on: May 29, 2020, 08:58:11 pm »
I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with C::B in an environment with multiple versions of MinGW installed.  (The issue has to do with debug builds not being recognized by gdb, failing with "no executable specified"--and if someone knows something about that, I'd love to hear it--but that's not what this question is about.)

When I first installed 20.03, there was no problem,  except that the install defaulted to an earlier compiler rather than the newer mingw-w64 installed in the bundle.  What I'd like to do is completely reinstall 20.03 from scratch, eliminating any save preferences/settings/compiler options, with only the bundled toolchain used.  I need to keep existing projects and (hopefully) workspaces, but that shouldn't be a problem--right?

So, is there anything I need to do, besides a regular uninstall, to completely remove all IDE configuration info?  And, is there something I need to do on install to keep other MinGW installations from being detected?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: How to do a clean reinstall on Windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 09:02:34 pm »
Remove the CB configuration files.

That are in the folder "%APPDATA%\CodeBlocks" in Windows OS.

Tim S.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:39:52 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: How to do a clean reinstall on Windows 10?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 09:42:21 am »
(The issue has to do with debug builds not being recognized by gdb, failing with "no executable specified"--and if someone knows something about that, I'd love to hear it--but that's not what this question is about.)
The problem is probably that you are running the wrong debugger with the wrong compiler.
Compiler and GDB have to match.

In codeblocks you can add multiple debugger in settings->debugger->GDB/CDB settings->New configuration

Then if you have a gdb setting for every compiler you can match them with Settings->Compiler->Select the right compiler from the drop down at the top->Toolchain executables->Debugger

If you still have problems check that the right debugger is active for your project in Debug->Active debugger

I do not think, that you can specify a debugger on project level....