Author Topic: Compiler Link Bug?  (Read 2874 times)

Offline FEA

• Multiple posting newcomer
Compiler Link Bug?
« on: May 24, 2020, 08:52:13 pm »
After creating a project, I was able to Build it an create an EXE. Upon saving it, closing C::B and then coming back it later, I tried to Rebuild it. I immediately got an error. Upon searching the net, I found some people talked about making sure the Toolchain Executables was set up properly. I also saw someone mentioned they renamed a file then renamed it back and it worked OK. In my case, I renamed gfortran.exe to gfortranb.exe. Then I renamed it back and it Built just fine. The next time this error came up, I simply went into the Toolchain Executuables menu (did not change anything) and I was able to Rebuild.

So my guess is that somehow it "forgot" what was in Toolchain Executables by going into this menu it forces an update? I had subconsciously just used this workaround (it happened maybe 5 times - not sure if it was random). But BlueHazzard is helping me with something and seemed to run into an issue that I suspect is related this this behavior. I might be able to create a video of it or something...provided the behavior is consistent.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Compiler Link Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:09:46 pm »
This is likely related to auto compiler detection.

But, since the CB devs refused my suggestion of adding an option to disable this it would be had to prove or disprove.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:14:48 pm »
Are you able to save any settings? If you have a working config it should not break the next time you start C::B.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline FEA

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 11:55:08 pm »
Exactly what should be saved? I see "Save Project", "Save Workspace", "Save Everything". Perhaps that I why I see this only sometimes...maybe I was saving something the times when I did not have this issue.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 01:09:58 am »
default.conf in the AppData. It is saved at exit automatically if there is no crash.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline FEA

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 04:18:07 am »
It looks like default.conf file was updated. I will pay closer to attention the next time it happens and see if I can isolate the behavior.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:34:13 am by FEA »