Author Topic: Code::Blocks 20.03 crashes on Windows 10  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Gnomoron

• Single posting newcomer
Code::Blocks 20.03 crashes on Windows 10
« on: May 04, 2020, 07:38:44 pm »
Hello everyone!

Today I installed Code::Blocks 20.03 on my PC with Windows 10 Home. A bug with the taskbar was immediately noticed, where the Code::Blocks icon flickers at startup. It is also impossible to change the font in the editor (I like the font Ubuntu Mono much more). Also, I can’t succeed in attaching the library header file (pre-compiled binaries of GLFW) to the project, although I did everything according to the manuals, although they relate to older versions of the program. Where can I write a detailed bug report? And if there is a solution to at least one of my problems - please help. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Sorry for bad English!

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks 20.03 crashes on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:01:29 pm »
Icon flickering is a known issue, it is fixed in trunk (see nightlies), but not in the release.
The font problem is due to a wxWidgets bug related to floating point.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:04:34 pm »
@Gnomoron:
https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/ but make sure to report 1 issue per ticket and also to search before posting a ticket.
If I understand your post you've managed to report at least 4 issues.

And you've mentioned crash in the topic title, but there is no description of the crash, I guess this happens when you dismiss the assert dialog for the font problem.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Gnomoron

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 08:11:41 pm »
I guess this happens when you dismiss the assert dialog for the font problem.
Yes, you're right.