Author Topic: Keybinder: Shortcuts from numeric Keypad don't work after upgrade to 20.03  (Read 4227 times)

Offline BackInTheSandbox

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hello,

I upgraded to Code::Blocks 20.03 (64Bit) and copied the cbKeyBinder10.ini into the new installation.
All my user defined keyboard shortcuts work, however not the ones I assigned with keys from the numeric keypad.
I use e.g. ALT-9 to open a Tool. It is shown as Alt-ō in the Settings (as was before with 17.12), but it doesn't work. A '○' appears in my code instead.
Using Ctrl-ō instead does also not work.
The Plugin Manager shows version '2.0.11 2020/03/2' for the 'Keyboard shortcuts' plugin. I guess that's the newest version?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Hello,

I upgraded to Code::Blocks 20.03 (64Bit) and copied the cbKeyBinder10.ini into the new installation.
All my user defined keyboard shortcuts work, however not the ones I assigned with keys from the numeric keypad.
I use e.g. ALT-9 to open a Tool. It is shown as Alt-ō in the Settings (as was before with 17.12), but it doesn't work. A '○' appears in my code instead.
Using Ctrl-ō instead does also not work.
The Plugin Manager shows version '2.0.11 2020/03/2' for the 'Keyboard shortcuts' plugin. I guess that's the newest version?

I don't know why it even worked with version 17.12 .
But I'll look into it when I get time.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Keyboard shortcuts using the number pad are now disallowed.
Rev: 12165.

It's a bug that they ever were allowed. It was caused by the old wxCodes version of KeyBinder that did not verify the accelerator.
This bug has existed for 10 years and is just now showing up.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
What happens with old configs which have such bindings?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
What happens with old configs which have such bindings?

The illegal keybindings are now ignored and then removed the next time the shortcuts are saved.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:41:42 pm by Pecan »

Offline BackInTheSandbox

• Multiple posting newcomer

It's a bug that they ever were allowed.
A pity. I was thinking of it as a feature  :)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!

It's a bug that they ever were allowed.

A pity. I was thinking of it as a feature  :)
It was just fine in the days when wxWidgets produced a numeric ascii char for the numpad keys, but wxWidgets is now producing a 2byte unicode char which will not work for accelerators.