Author Topic: user_sets of compiler definitions  (Read 4747 times)

heilpern

user_sets of compiler definitions
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:54:08 pm »
Two items...

First, today I updated to the 2/15 nightly, for the first time in a few weeks. (My previous version still used integers for compiler sets, rather than names.) In doing that, the three compiler definitions I had added appeared to have disappeared. I found the conf file and checked it out. I see that I have set256, set257, and set258 in there, but they are not within the user_set section. Am I safe if I just cut and paste them into the user_set or do I need to recreate them? If I recreate them am I ok to delete the old definitions from the file? (Sorry, I don't know much more than how XML is spelled, and I need a spell checker for that.)

I am in an environment where several developers may be using C::B, sharing common project files. When a new compiler is added by one developer, we will need others to get it defined as well. I suspect that simply sharing the conf file after each change will be problematic. Is there a way to define a compiler definition in a stand-alone file such that just that file can be shared / imported by other developers?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: user_sets of compiler definitions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:21:25 pm »
It is advised to recreate your compilers. It will be the last time ;) (that's why we changed it from integers).

As for importing/exporting, we 're considering writing a plugin for these operations.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...