Author Topic: Doxygen comment addin idea  (Read 14809 times)

FocusedWolf

Doxygen comment addin idea
« on: February 15, 2006, 09:07:39 pm »
Well, if you ever used visual studio, you'd know about something called doxyComment... basically thing for generating doxygen-compatible comments.

Think this would be a good addition to this ide.

Also, make this ide look like visual studio 2005  :D

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Doxygen comment addin idea
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 09:13:47 pm »
Hello,

About "Documentation Software", there were some discussions about. You can look at e.g., here (more info in the forum :)).

And sorry, but I would prefer that this IDE does not look like Visual Studio 2005, but keeps its own identity. But this is just me :D.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 09:23:25 pm »
Also, make this ide look like visual studio 2005  :D
Erm... *cough* *cough* sorry, no way.
If you want Visual Studio, you have to use Visual Studio. We're not writing a Visual Studio clone ;)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:33:25 pm »
... I would prefer that this IDE does not look like Visual Studio 2005, but keeps its own identity. But this is just me :D...
maybe one or two others too ;-)

FocusedWolf

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:20:29 am »
Hey thats a good idea. A themable code editor!!

Anyways, anything but the appearence it has now would be cool...hate those common windows controls and old windows-98-style 3d borders  :lol:

Something like Anjuta: http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/screenshots/anjuta-2.0/anjuta-2.0.0-1.png

or Eclipse (which i would use if its c++ plugin wasn't garbage :P)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/69/EclipseScr.jpg/769px-EclipseScr.jpg

or QT
http://www.trolltech.com/images/screenshots/qt_designer.png

or Visual Studio 05 :D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/86/Vs2005.screenshot.png/800px-Vs2005.screenshot.png

Or some hybrid of all these,with rounded edges to make it more "Mac" like.

I know why programs start out with these basic controls though, ...cause its easier to do that then make "Everything" including the controls...like maya for example is amazing art program with windows 95'ish appearence and bare forms lol

I'm curious, does codeblocks look differant in linux? maybe theirs some cross platform control library you guys can just link into that'll make it look leet.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 02:27:51 am by FocusedWolf »

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 03:46:37 am »
A themable code editor? What for? Just to make it slow?

Sorry but I vote no.

And yes, I know, it'sn't a poll :P

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 03:50:58 am »
Have you tired out a nightly build.  The look of codeblocks has improved much over the past several months.  I do think looks are important in any GUI based tool.  After all if we didn't care about a gui you could always use Emacs and Make.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 05:24:48 am by Game_Ender »

FocusedWolf

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 04:39:40 am »
I'll check it out, thx.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 04:52:31 am by FocusedWolf »

takeshimiya

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 05:27:31 am »
FocusedWolf: Good news for you, Code::Blocks on linux looks almost exactly to Anjuta (can take screenshots if you want), that's because it renders using GTK there.

BTW, if you're really interested in making C::B themeable, you should contribute a theme for the wxUniversal port of wxWidgets, which supports non-native themes.

Nothing to do from the C::B side right now, except making configurable some control things like the color background on the Message/Management panels.

Native widgets are the best for me, and here's why: the applications will look as good as the theme you choose for the OS.

If you are using Windows XP, just get a theme like FlyakiteOSX and your Code::Blocks will look like this: :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 05:40:58 am by Takeshi Miya »

Cybrid

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 11:15:31 am »
Sorry, I vote NO, I left VS because it was too overloaded with tons of things I don't use and neither want, so I don't want C::B to look like VS; It would remember me VS , and I want C::B to be just C::B.

sethjackson

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 04:37:14 pm »
I vote a whopping NO.

FocusedWolf

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 06:47:58 pm »
Wow Takeshi Miya, c::B looks cool with that mac theme. I would just theme my desktop, but for some reason all the good themes on the internet seem to get rid of that cool "buddy icon" in the start menu, and that's something i can't live without  :lol:

I'd just use it in linux, but some reason my linux doesn't like my net card, so ...  :lol:

FocusedWolf

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 04:15:37 pm »
Sorry, I vote NO, I left VS because it was too overloaded with tons of things I don't use and neither want, so I don't want C::B to look like VS; It would remember me VS , and I want C::B to be just C::B.

Hmm why won't anyone say yes,... probably because this is a forum for people that like it the way it is...i.e. biased population. It's like going into a counterstrike forum and saying the game is garbage, or needs improvement.  I wonder where collapsable text came from? (First time i ever saw it was in vs2002, but probably first appeared in some linux text editor lol)

Imagine C::B with addins that are created by popular request...like a uml editor, or integrated unit testing...you'll soon end up with a vs clone (it's not "Simpsons did it", it's "Microsoft did it...or copied it"). Look at SharpDevelop!

Imagine this as the text editor of C::B (warning, this control looks exactly like vs2005's editor...) http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/DotNet/SyntaxEditor/Default.aspx
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 04:23:39 pm by FocusedWolf »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 05:07:12 pm »
I wonder where collapsable text came from? (First time i ever saw it was in vs2002
That idea (and a few more) was stolen from Scintilla. In fact, to me it looks quite as if their whole editor component is a Scintilla source rip-off. But of course, nobody will ever be able to prove this.

Hmm why won't anyone say yes,..
Once again, we do not write a Visual Studio clone. Even if a few people said "yes", it would not matter. We will not do it.
If you want Visual Studio, then please feel free to use Visual Studio.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

FocusedWolf

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 05:14:34 pm »
I suspected they didn't create it, but they perfected it...lol j/k

So vs is a combination (by copying) of every good idea that has it's roots in opensource text editors, and anything with IDE and opensource in it's name copies some of what m$ copied, So saying you don't want a vs clone is saying you don't want to implement good features of every opensource text editor or ide in existence...just some...like collapsable text, class view, auto-complete, etc. Is that right?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:17:30 pm by FocusedWolf »