Author Topic: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'game.def'  (Read 10570 times)

Offline THE_SUFFERER

• Multiple posting newcomer
fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'game.def'
« on: January 11, 2020, 08:09:23 pm »
I am trying to compile a gamex86.dll for a 1999 game. My compiler is Microsoft Visual ToolKit 2003.
Firstly the compilation gave me a lot of errors like "cannot open .lib\.h file".
Then after settings all "Linker settings" and "Search directories" they stopped to appear. Now I still have a similar error but this time .def file can't be opened. I don't know what to do cause it's not either .lib or .h, it's a different thing.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'game.def' >:(

At the same time I mentioned it in the paths, too, but Code::Block still doesn't want to cooperate with me... :'(
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:12:20 pm by THE_SUFFERER »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'game.def'
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:26:22 pm »
I'd start with the stuff depicted here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(errors)#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

Do you have a def file? Do you really need to use it? Modern compilers/linkers don't need those, I think, but I might be wrong, because I'm not actively using windows any more.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 06:11:27 pm »
I have read the page you gave me. There's no word about .def file missing, only about .lib, .h and so on.

Well, if my game sdk requires this game.def file, then it's needed for some reason.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 06:54:13 pm »
The link has generic instructions and some examples.
Have you checked every command C::B executes?
Have you checked that the game.def file is passed to the correct executable and the command line flags are correct? (this is depicted in the link  8) )

And if you don't post the full build log we can't do much. Even if you post it some of the problems can be resolved only by executing some tools (like objdump and nm) on your local files.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 07:23:23 pm »
The fact of the matter is that actually there hasn't to be any necessity to check something in the code itself because what I am compiling wasn't written by me. It's SDK from the game developers. They just gave it to public. So, it should work and all code which is inside is correct.

Moreover, I was doing everything due to the instruction - https://kingpin.info/?p=compiling-with-codeblocks

The problem is the author of the article says he has no errors - just foolow the instruction and compilations goes perfctly. When I try doing the same, I have some problems. Firstly, I had issues with missing .lib and .h files, now I solved it by adding some additional paths. I guess this error (game.def) can be solved with a few mouse clicks, too but I don't know what it can be. Neither does the author himself cause he doens't have an idea why I am dealing with all of this stuff while he isn't...

If you want you can try following that instruction, too, I can give that SDK that contains those .c and .h files for compilation. If it works for you perfectly - the problem is at my side. If you have some troubles, the guide is broken.

Attaching the build log and build messages.

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 09:25:24 pm »
Moreover, I was doing everything due to the instruction - https://kingpin.info/?p=compiling-with-codeblocks

No you didn't. The author of that "guide" doesn't seem to know what he is really doing and therefor offers some random try-and-error advices how to fix things because he did them wrong in the first place.

One of these advices is to try different path specifications to that def file. That seems to be the problem in your case, that file is not in the working directory of the compiler which should be the directory of the CodeBlocks project file. Determine the relative path to the def file starting at the directory of the project file and add that to the compiler settings, then it will be found.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 04:47:07 pm »

No you didn't. The author of that "guide" doesn't seem to know what he is really doing and therefor offers some random try-and-error advices how to fix things because he did them wrong in the first place.

One of these advices is to try different path specifications to that def file. That seems to be the problem in your case, that file is not in the working directory of the compiler which should be the directory of the CodeBlocks project file. Determine the relative path to the def file starting at the directory of the project file and add that to the compiler settings, then it will be found.

I mentioned this "game.def" file EVERYWHERE ;D I could (attaching screens) but still it it's not found.
Plus I put the ToolKit 2003 folder into the CodeBlock directory.

Well, kind of some mystery.... :o

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 04:47:43 pm »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 04:48:23 pm »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 04:49:08 pm »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 04:50:25 pm »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 04:51:06 pm »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 04:52:55 pm »

By the way, I even put this file into each directory I also mentioned (include\libs...) but still nothing... ;D

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 04:54:53 pm »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 04:55:51 pm »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 05:10:32 pm »
Please paste a full text build log if you still want help.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

Tim S.

I am running Code::Blocks version 17.2 on Windows 7 Service Pack1. The compiler I use is Microsoft Visual C++ ToolKit 2003

When I try to create a.dll file following this instruction - https://kingpin.info/?p=compiling-with-codeblocks I have a lot of problems like "Cannot open .h file"\"Cannot open .lib file" and so on. That can be fixed by adding the "include" and "lib" paths of Codeblocks, Toolkit 2003, Platform SDK to the "Linkers", "Searcing Directories" and others.

Nevertheless on the th erros doesn't have any cure. At least I haven't found it. The UBER error is "cannot open .def file". .def isn't .lib, .h etc. So, I don't know how exactly I have to mention it in the settings so that it's found. I tried to add its parth everywhere I could but no happiness was received by me :'(

Build log:
Code
Paste full build log here. (It is found in the 'Build log' tab). Please make always a 'rebuild' (Menu: Build->Rebuild) or a 'clean' and 'build' before you copy the full build log. 

Crash report:
Code

-------------- Build: Release in Gamex86 (compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003)---------------

link.exe /dll /nologo /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Source\game.def /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Source\GAME.def /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib /LIBPATH:"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Lib" /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\lib /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Source\GAME.def /out:bin\Release\Gamex86.dll Source\NavLib\NavLib.lib user32.lib obj\Release\Source\AI_BITCH.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_bum_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_DOG.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_PUNK.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_RUNT.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_shorty.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_skinny.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_THUG.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_thug_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_WHORE.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_ALL.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_crystalpalace.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_LOG.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_posionville.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_radiocity.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_shipyards.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_skidrow.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_steeltown.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_trainyard.obj obj\Release\Source\G_AI.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_ents.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_fight.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_memory.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CAST.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CHASE.obj obj\Release\Source\G_cmds.obj obj\Release\Source\G_combat.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FOG.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FUNC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_items.obj obj\Release\Source\g_joe_misc.obj obj\Release\Source\G_main.obj obj\Release\Source\G_MISC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PAWN.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PHYS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_save.obj obj\Release\Source\G_spawn.obj obj\Release\Source\G_SVCMDS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_TARGET.obj obj\Release\Source\g_teamplay.obj obj\Release\Source\g_trigger.obj obj\Release\Source\G_UTILS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\M_BBOX.obj obj\Release\Source\M_MOVE.obj obj\Release\Source\P_client.obj obj\Release\Source\P_HUD.obj obj\Release\Source\P_TRAIL.obj obj\Release\Source\P_VIEW.obj obj\Release\Source\P_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\Q_SHARED.obj obj\Release\Source\VEHICLES.obj obj\Release\Source\VOICE.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_bitch.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_punk.obj  D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Gamex86\Source\GAME.def D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Gamex86\Source\GAME.def D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Source\GAME.def
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Gamex86\Source\GAME.def'
Process terminated with status 1181 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
1 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

I have already tried to add this file to all other paths I mentioned in the settings, reinstall CodeBlocks, follow that guide again thinking maybe I did some mistake in the middle or something but nothing works. Life is sad :'(

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 05:13:55 pm »
Everywhere except the only location that matters: The file is specified as direct linker option, all these search directories settings are pointless.

Go to Linker Settings -> Other linker options and fix the path in the option /def:game.def

Update: You get this new error because you actually broke that linker setting, it now looks like a regular input file for the linker which in fact it is not.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:18:06 pm by sodev »

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 06:10:14 pm »
Everywhere except the only location that matters: The file is specified as direct linker option, all these search directories settings are pointless.

Go to Linker Settings -> Other linker options and fix the path in the option /def:game.def

Update: You get this new error because you actually broke that linker setting, it now looks like a regular input file for the linker which in fact it is not.

Which "Linker Settings"? There are some in "Compiler" and some in "Build Options". Well, I changed them both.

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 06:11:11 pm »

And the result is the same ;D

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »
Stop posting screenshots!
Seriously, this does not only waste storage on the server, these pictures don't get indexed and you cannot quote or copy the text.

As can be seen your command line looks like
link.exe ... /def:game.def D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\Projects\Gamex86\Gamex86\Source\GAME.def /def:game.def

So you managed to break your settings even more! You still pass in the def file as regular linker input plus two times as mapping file with the still wrong path. And no, these settings don't go to the global compiler settings unless you want to use this def file for every project you compile...

I have some advice for you, you don't seem to know what you are doing and fail at even the most basic tasks, whatever you are doing, stop it. It won't work. Save yourself and us a lot of pain.

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 07:33:22 pm »
Well, I kinda need it all. So, stopping won't bring me to success. I cleaned all other paths. Now it's exactly "game.def" that cannot be opened. I guess this is a step to the positive ending.
I can send a screenshot with the "game.def" compilation log, not with that long path but as I understood you didn't like me screens. I still hope you can help me because I am not going to stop. If not this forum, it will be a different one. I have to solve this thing. There's no other option for me.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 07:39:46 pm »
Well, I kinda need it all. So, stopping won't bring me to success. I cleaned all other paths. Now it's exactly "game.def" that cannot be opened. I guess this is a step to the positive ending.
I can send a screenshot with the "game.def" compilation log, not with that long path but as I understood you didn't like me screens. I still hope you can help me because I am not going to stop. If not this forum, it will be a different one. I have to solve this thing. There's no other option for me.

Why did you tell Code::Blocks to compile or link a def file?

Edit2: Why do you resist copy and pasting the build log?

Tim S.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 07:41:23 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 07:43:53 pm »
Please copy and paste the build log. You can do this by going to the log tab select all, like you would select a text in the editor, then hit ctrl+C or right mouse button->copy selected text.
Following instructions helps us help you and we can be quicker to help you. Posting 100 screenshots with missing information does not help, and makes everything more agressive and complicated...

As sodev pointed out, you have to add the option
Code
 /def:game.def
to the linker settings. To fix this in this project there is only one place to do this:
Project->Build options->Select your project name at the left->Linker settings->Other linker options->Add
Code

You probably have to rebuild your project (Build->Rebuild)

If you still have a problem please post the full build log as text

greetins

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 07:44:45 pm »
@THE_SUFFERER: Please do the following steps:
1. Restore everything as it was in the beginning of the thread.
2. Do a full rebuild
3. Go to the build log
4. Right click -> copy to clipboard.
5. Paste the result using \[code\] tags in a new post.

Until you do the above we cannot help you and you can only troll you.
Also post a screenshot of Project -> Properties -> Build options -> your target!

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 07:52:54 pm »
Why did you tell Code::Blocks to compile or link a def file?

I am not in a good mood but i try to say it in the most polite way: your first-level-support-like questions don't help here.

As sodev pointed out, you have to add the option
Code

As i said multiple times now, that path is wrong! The file must be somewhere else, but i don't want to write something like

Code
/def:my\file\is\here\game.def

because im afraid that will end up as-is in the next screenshots.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 08:14:36 pm »
sodev:

So you waste your time on the person who seems to do things at random.

If any of you really want to fix the problem; we need a full rebuild log or we can ask the Help Vampire to leave.

I will delete my help since I am not good enough for you.

Won't brother posting a likely good cbp file.

https://github.com/stahta01/KingpinSDK

Tim S.
--

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 08:38:07 pm »
I've made the rebuild. The full log is

Code

-------------- Clean: Release in Gamex86 (compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003)---------------

Cleaned "Gamex86 - Release"

-------------- Build: Release in Gamex86 (compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003)---------------

cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_BITCH.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_BITCH.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_bum_sit.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_bum_sit.obj
AI_BITCH.C
ai_bum_sit.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_DOG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_DOG.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_PUNK.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_PUNK.obj
AI_DOG.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_RUNT.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_RUNT.obj
AI_PUNK.C
AI_RUNT.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_shorty.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_shorty.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_skinny.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_skinny.obj
ai_shorty.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_THUG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_THUG.obj
ai_skinny.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_thug_sit.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_thug_sit.obj
AI_THUG.C
ai_thug_sit.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_WHORE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_WHORE.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\EP_ALL.C /Foobj\Release\Source\EP_ALL.obj
AI_WHORE.C
EP_ALL.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_crystalpalace.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_crystalpalace.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\EP_LOG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\EP_LOG.obj
ep_crystalpalace.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_posionville.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_posionville.obj
EP_LOG.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_radiocity.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_radiocity.obj
ep_posionville.c
ep_radiocity.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_shipyards.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_shipyards.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_skidrow.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_skidrow.obj
ep_shipyards.c
ep_skidrow.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_steeltown.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_steeltown.obj
ep_steeltown.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_trainyard.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_trainyard.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_AI.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_AI.obj
G_AI.C
ep_trainyard.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_ai_ents.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_ai_ents.obj
g_ai_ents.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_ai_fight.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_ai_fight.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_ai_memory.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_ai_memory.obj
g_ai_fight.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_CAST.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_CAST.obj
g_ai_memory.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_CHASE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_CHASE.obj
G_CAST.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_cmds.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_cmds.obj
G_CHASE.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_combat.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_combat.obj
G_cmds.c
G_combat.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_FOG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_FOG.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_FUNC.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_FUNC.obj
G_FOG.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_items.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_items.obj
G_FUNC.C
G_items.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_joe_misc.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_joe_misc.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_main.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_main.obj
G_main.c
g_joe_misc.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_MISC.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_MISC.obj
G_MISC.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_PAWN.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_PAWN.obj
G_PAWN.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_PHYS.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_PHYS.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_save.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_save.obj
G_PHYS.C
G_save.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_spawn.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_spawn.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_SVCMDS.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_SVCMDS.obj
G_spawn.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_TARGET.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_TARGET.obj
G_SVCMDS.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_teamplay.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_teamplay.obj
G_TARGET.C
g_teamplay.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_trigger.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_trigger.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_UTILS.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_UTILS.obj
g_trigger.c
G_UTILS.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_WEAPON.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_WEAPON.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\M_BBOX.C /Foobj\Release\Source\M_BBOX.obj
G_WEAPON.C
M_BBOX.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\M_MOVE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\M_MOVE.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_client.c /Foobj\Release\Source\P_client.obj
M_MOVE.C
P_client.c
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_HUD.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_HUD.obj
P_HUD.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_TRAIL.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_TRAIL.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_VIEW.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_VIEW.obj
P_TRAIL.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_WEAPON.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_WEAPON.obj
P_VIEW.C
P_WEAPON.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\Q_SHARED.C /Foobj\Release\Source\Q_SHARED.obj
Q_SHARED.C
Source\Q_SHARED.C(1297) : warning C4013: 'strcasecmp' undefined; assuming extern returning int
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\VEHICLES.C /Foobj\Release\Source\VEHICLES.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\VOICE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\VOICE.obj
VEHICLES.C
VOICE.C
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\voice_bitch.c /Foobj\Release\Source\voice_bitch.obj
cl.exe /nologo  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3   /I"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Include" /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\voice_punk.c /Foobj\Release\Source\voice_punk.obj
voice_bitch.c
link.exe /dll /nologo /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib /LIBPATH:"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Lib" /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\lib /out:bin\Release\Gamex86.dll Source\NavLib\NavLib.lib user32.lib obj\Release\Source\AI_BITCH.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_bum_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_DOG.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_PUNK.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_RUNT.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_shorty.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_skinny.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_THUG.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_thug_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_WHORE.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_ALL.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_crystalpalace.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_LOG.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_posionville.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_radiocity.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_shipyards.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_skidrow.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_steeltown.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_trainyard.obj obj\Release\Source\G_AI.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_ents.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_fight.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_memory.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CAST.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CHASE.obj obj\Release\Source\G_cmds.obj obj\Release\Source\G_combat.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FOG.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FUNC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_items.obj obj\Release\Source\g_joe_misc.obj obj\Release\Source\G_main.obj obj\Release\Source\G_MISC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PAWN.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PHYS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_save.obj obj\Release\Source\G_spawn.obj obj\Release\Source\G_SVCMDS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_TARGET.obj obj\Release\Source\g_teamplay.obj obj\Release\Source\g_trigger.obj obj\Release\Source\G_UTILS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\M_BBOX.obj obj\Release\Source\M_MOVE.obj obj\Release\Source\P_client.obj obj\Release\Source\P_HUD.obj obj\Release\Source\P_TRAIL.obj obj\Release\Source\P_VIEW.obj obj\Release\Source\P_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\Q_SHARED.obj obj\Release\Source\VEHICLES.obj obj\Release\Source\VOICE.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_bitch.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_punk.obj  /def:game.def
voice_punk.c
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'game.def'
LINK : fatal error LNK1141: failure during build of exports file
Process terminated with status 1141 (0 minute(s), 9 second(s))
2 error(s), 1 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 9 second(s))

Plus attatching that screen which you asked. By "your target" it was meant to add that "/def:game.def"? Because I didn't find any "targets" in "Build options". Any way adding that didn't help.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 08:46:19 pm »
Code
/def:Source\game.def

--

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 09:07:59 pm »
After "/def:Source\game.def" I get such an error:

Code

link.exe /dll /nologo /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib /LIBPATH:"D:\KingpinDev\Code\Platform SDK\Lib" /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\lib /out:bin\Release\Gamex86.dll Source\NavLib\NavLib.lib user32.lib obj\Release\Source\AI_BITCH.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_bum_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_DOG.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_PUNK.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_RUNT.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_shorty.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_skinny.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_THUG.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_thug_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_WHORE.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_ALL.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_crystalpalace.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_LOG.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_posionville.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_radiocity.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_shipyards.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_skidrow.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_steeltown.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_trainyard.obj obj\Release\Source\G_AI.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_ents.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_fight.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_memory.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CAST.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CHASE.obj obj\Release\Source\G_cmds.obj obj\Release\Source\G_combat.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FOG.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FUNC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_items.obj obj\Release\Source\g_joe_misc.obj obj\Release\Source\G_main.obj obj\Release\Source\G_MISC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PAWN.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PHYS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_save.obj obj\Release\Source\G_spawn.obj obj\Release\Source\G_SVCMDS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_TARGET.obj obj\Release\Source\g_teamplay.obj obj\Release\Source\g_trigger.obj obj\Release\Source\G_UTILS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\M_BBOX.obj obj\Release\Source\M_MOVE.obj obj\Release\Source\P_client.obj obj\Release\Source\P_HUD.obj obj\Release\Source\P_TRAIL.obj obj\Release\Source\P_VIEW.obj obj\Release\Source\P_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\Q_SHARED.obj obj\Release\Source\VEHICLES.obj obj\Release\Source\VOICE.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_bitch.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_punk.obj  /def:Source\game.def
   Creating library bin\Release\Gamex86.lib and object bin\Release\Gamex86.exp
Q_SHARED.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strcasecmp referenced in function _Q_stricmp
bin\Release\Gamex86.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Process terminated with status 1120 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 10:00:08 pm »
Code
Q_SHARED.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strcasecmp referenced in function _Q_stricmp

My wild guess is the solution is to define "WIN32".

Based on this code from Q_SHARED.C

Code
int Q_stricmp (char *s1, char *s2)
{
#if defined(WIN32)
return _stricmp (s1, s2);
#else
return strcasecmp (s1, s2);
#endif
}

Edit:
Project -> Build Options
Tab: Compiler Settings
Sub-Tab: #defines
Add "WIN32" without the double quotes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:09:43 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 11:11:24 pm »
Is there any difference between adding "WIN32" in

1) "Project name" ---> Compiler Settings ---> #defines

2) Release ---> Compiler Settings ---> #defines

3) Both at the same time

?
------------------------------------------------

As I understood, I can also add it in "Global Compiler Settings ---> Compiler Settines ---> #defines", but it will be used as default, not only for this very project, right?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 11:13:00 pm »
Is there any difference between adding "WIN32" in

2) Release ---> Compiler Settings ---> #defines

3) Both at the same time

?
------------------------------------------------

As I understood, I can also add it in "Global Compiler Settings ---> Compiler Settines ---> #defines", but it will be used as default, not only for this very project, right?

I would do this one

Edit: Does make a difference if you have multiple targets; but, adding it to either one should work.
Note: Adding it to both could result in a warning.

Edit2: Global Compiler Settings applies to every use of the Compiler as in all projects that use that Compiler.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:19:18 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline THE_SUFFERER

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2020, 11:28:59 pm »
 ;DH-A-P-P-I-N-E-S-S ;D

Code

cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_BITCH.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_BITCH.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_bum_sit.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_bum_sit.obj
AI_BITCH.C
ai_bum_sit.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_DOG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_DOG.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_PUNK.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_PUNK.obj
AI_PUNK.C
AI_DOG.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_RUNT.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_RUNT.obj
AI_RUNT.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_shorty.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_shorty.obj
ai_shorty.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_skinny.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_skinny.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_THUG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_THUG.obj
ai_skinny.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ai_thug_sit.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ai_thug_sit.obj
AI_THUG.C
ai_thug_sit.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\AI_WHORE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\AI_WHORE.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\EP_ALL.C /Foobj\Release\Source\EP_ALL.obj
AI_WHORE.C
EP_ALL.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_crystalpalace.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_crystalpalace.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\EP_LOG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\EP_LOG.obj
EP_LOG.C
ep_crystalpalace.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_posionville.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_posionville.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_radiocity.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_radiocity.obj
ep_radiocity.c
ep_posionville.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_shipyards.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_shipyards.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_skidrow.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_skidrow.obj
ep_shipyards.c
ep_skidrow.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_steeltown.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_steeltown.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\ep_trainyard.c /Foobj\Release\Source\ep_trainyard.obj
ep_steeltown.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_AI.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_AI.obj
ep_trainyard.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_ai_ents.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_ai_ents.obj
G_AI.C
g_ai_ents.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_ai_fight.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_ai_fight.obj
g_ai_fight.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_ai_memory.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_ai_memory.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_CAST.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_CAST.obj
g_ai_memory.c
G_CAST.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_CHASE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_CHASE.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_cmds.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_cmds.obj
G_CHASE.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_combat.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_combat.obj
G_cmds.c
G_combat.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_FOG.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_FOG.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_FUNC.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_FUNC.obj
G_FUNC.C
G_FOG.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_items.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_items.obj
G_items.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_joe_misc.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_joe_misc.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_main.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_main.obj
G_main.c
g_joe_misc.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_MISC.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_MISC.obj
G_MISC.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_PAWN.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_PAWN.obj
G_PAWN.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_PHYS.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_PHYS.obj
G_PHYS.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_save.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_save.obj
G_save.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_spawn.c /Foobj\Release\Source\G_spawn.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_SVCMDS.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_SVCMDS.obj
G_spawn.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_TARGET.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_TARGET.obj
G_SVCMDS.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_teamplay.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_teamplay.obj
G_TARGET.C
g_teamplay.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\g_trigger.c /Foobj\Release\Source\g_trigger.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_UTILS.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_UTILS.obj
g_trigger.c
G_UTILS.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\G_WEAPON.C /Foobj\Release\Source\G_WEAPON.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\M_BBOX.C /Foobj\Release\Source\M_BBOX.obj
M_BBOX.C
G_WEAPON.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\M_MOVE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\M_MOVE.obj
M_MOVE.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_client.c /Foobj\Release\Source\P_client.obj
P_client.c
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_HUD.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_HUD.obj
P_HUD.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_TRAIL.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_TRAIL.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_VIEW.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_VIEW.obj
P_TRAIL.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\P_WEAPON.C /Foobj\Release\Source\P_WEAPON.obj
P_VIEW.C
P_WEAPON.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\Q_SHARED.C /Foobj\Release\Source\Q_SHARED.obj
Q_SHARED.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\VEHICLES.C /Foobj\Release\Source\VEHICLES.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\VOICE.C /Foobj\Release\Source\VOICE.obj
VOICE.C
VEHICLES.C
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\voice_bitch.c /Foobj\Release\Source\voice_bitch.obj
cl.exe /nologo /DWIN32  /Ox /Og /W3 /DBUILD_DLL /DNDEBUG  /Ox /W3 /DWIN32   /ID:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\include /c Source\voice_punk.c /Foobj\Release\Source\voice_punk.obj
voice_bitch.c
voice_punk.c
link.exe /dll /nologo /LIBPATH:D:\KingpinDev\Code\CodeBlock\CodeBlocks\ToolKit\lib /out:bin\Release\Gamex86.dll Source\NavLib\NavLib.lib user32.lib obj\Release\Source\AI_BITCH.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_bum_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_DOG.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_PUNK.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_RUNT.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_shorty.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_skinny.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_THUG.obj obj\Release\Source\ai_thug_sit.obj obj\Release\Source\AI_WHORE.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_ALL.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_crystalpalace.obj obj\Release\Source\EP_LOG.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_posionville.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_radiocity.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_shipyards.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_skidrow.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_steeltown.obj obj\Release\Source\ep_trainyard.obj obj\Release\Source\G_AI.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_ents.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_fight.obj obj\Release\Source\g_ai_memory.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CAST.obj obj\Release\Source\G_CHASE.obj obj\Release\Source\G_cmds.obj obj\Release\Source\G_combat.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FOG.obj obj\Release\Source\G_FUNC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_items.obj obj\Release\Source\g_joe_misc.obj obj\Release\Source\G_main.obj obj\Release\Source\G_MISC.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PAWN.obj obj\Release\Source\G_PHYS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_save.obj obj\Release\Source\G_spawn.obj obj\Release\Source\G_SVCMDS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_TARGET.obj obj\Release\Source\g_teamplay.obj obj\Release\Source\g_trigger.obj obj\Release\Source\G_UTILS.obj obj\Release\Source\G_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\M_BBOX.obj obj\Release\Source\M_MOVE.obj obj\Release\Source\P_client.obj obj\Release\Source\P_HUD.obj obj\Release\Source\P_TRAIL.obj obj\Release\Source\P_VIEW.obj obj\Release\Source\P_WEAPON.obj obj\Release\Source\Q_SHARED.obj obj\Release\Source\VEHICLES.obj obj\Release\Source\VOICE.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_bitch.obj obj\Release\Source\voice_punk.obj  /def:Source\game.def
   Creating library bin\Release\Gamex86.lib and object bin\Release\Gamex86.exp
Output file is bin\Release\Gamex86.dll with size 1.07 MB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 8 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 8 second(s))

And a little story now. All of this is very important for me. I've been struggling with depression pretty hard. I even had a special suicide plan for the future. I even was in a mental hospital. I don't know what to do and what is going on. Many things have happened. One of the ways to get it all over is to get distracted. Gaming - this is what I have discovered. If to say preciser - modding. I faced this hobby some months ago. My mind just blasted. I couldn't sleep, neither could I eat and so forth. Well, I hadn't been able to before, either but this time it's because of something what gives you some good emotions. So, modding became my sense of life or something like that. I started working with TrenchBroom if someone knows what it is. I've had some tortures with it, too and with Blender and with a lot of converters, editors, map compilers and so on. I was going to bed at 6-7 am because in the afternoon I was thinking about what I could mode and at night I was doing it.

When time came for a first compilation, because I even started learning C, I failed. Everything failed. No CodeBlocks, no Visual Stuido were helping me. It's like you are coming back to reality and starting thinking about what brought you to the suicide plan. I couldn't believe I had to say "Goodbye" to my gaming dream. I am a perfectionist. If I start something and fail it I can't deal with anything like that anymore. So, if I fail with modding for Kingpin, I can't play it anymore because everything will be reminding me of my lose with this awesome game. It was the only thing I could be distracted by.

So, I decided to give in right 6 days ago. And the hell started. You wake up and remember about the stuff you've been busy with for a couple of months up to now. You go out and every building corner reminds you of Kingpin. I am lucky to live in a place which is almost full of aggressive gangsters, too, and all of these retro styled atmosphere. So, every step in my town was a direct easter egg. This way I was trying to finally compile something in CodeBlock anyway because I was going to learn C even further and make my own mod. Actually the day before yesterday I managed to compile the same SDK in Visual Studio 12. Just I read on Kingpin.Info that VS didn't have some "resource editor" and I got some worry that it wasn't as good as CodeBlocks was. And the sad moment is when I saw the compilation log of Visual Studio, I understood that sex was an absolute and total "nothing" in comparison with that feeling. It was a boundless euphoria... But anyway I worried that I had won the battle with Visual Studio, not with CodeBlocks. But yesterday I added that sacrosanct "WIN32" and this happened...

I still can't believe it works now. I thought it was impossible or something. It's like when you want something THAT HAAAAAAARD, you don't think it's possible in reality anymore. But it is... And I don't know how to react on it. I thought that even if it happened one day I would be so much happy that I would be able to die of happiness but I didn't ;D And it's kinda you overrated something, then you got it and you didn't get THAT amount of pleasure you thought you would. And you have only emptiness in the soul. It turned out to be so simple - some mouse setting clicks and you have the Heaven. Unbelievable... I have my distraction now and can be swallowed by it completely. It's the whole world. Weeeeeeeeeeeell,  just have to get accustomed to being able to compile now without a problem.

I even do some test compilations now constantly just to be sure that it REALLY works because I've been suffering for the whole 6 days. A feeling of being reborn. Now taking my own life away isn't worth it. Now, no, not anymore. Guys, everybody who was helping me. Thank You! I am wishing you all happiness, smiling, the best emotions and the bestest health ever because nothing is possible without the health! I am wishing it to you with all my heart! You have reanimated my dream and now I've gotten my drug again. You see, I didn't have another option. Either I would solve this task or I would end up with a shotgun in my hands or on a bridge or something because it had already been a part of my plan before, so it's not something new. Well, thank You all! I am happy. And I am sorry if I seemed to be annoying and dumb and doing actions randomly. I was just trying to bring my dream back to life. And you helped me. Thank You  ;D

The Sufferer has become The Delighter :-*