Author Topic: CI: cross compile code::blocks for windows in linux  (Read 4387 times)

ElonH

CI: cross compile code::blocks for windows in linux
« on: November 29, 2019, 03:24:20 pm »
hey gays,

The svn trunk has include travis.yml that can use Travis CI to build Code::Blocks for Linux.
But the travsis config contain a task only that compile a Code::Blocks for linux.
On the other words, Does it has any way to compile Code::Blocks for windows in linux?
If it exist, I can use in Travis CI to save lots of compilation time.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: CI: cross compile code::blocks for windows in linux
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 06:50:16 am »
I think some build-bot supports native windows system, see this post for a reference: Any idea to use build bot for the Code::Blocks nightly build?, though I haven't tried it yet.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: CI: cross compile code::blocks for windows in linux
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:41:16 am »
hey gays,

I hope this is typo :)

The svn trunk has include travis.yml that can use Travis CI to build Code::Blocks for Linux.
But the travsis config contain a task only that compile a Code::Blocks for linux.
On the other words, Does it has any way to compile Code::Blocks for windows in linux?
If it exist, I can use in Travis CI to save lots of compilation time.

What is the point of all this? Our travis has not setup to create binaries and upload them somewhere.

There seems to be experimental windows support in travis, but I have not tried it yet.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]