Author Topic: Debug Step Into F7  (Read 3625 times)

Offline StormN

• Single posting newcomer
Debug Step Into F7
« on: November 12, 2019, 10:19:24 pm »
When I click on Step Into in the Debug menu IDE goes through whole program just like F8, no stopping/pausing. Any help please.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Debug Step Into F7
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 11:09:55 pm »
enable full debug logging:
Settings->debugger->enable full logging

Try again to debug. Post the log from the "debugger tab" on the bottom here in code tags (the # symbol in the new post editor)

Offline StormN

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 04:40:06 pm »
I enabled "Full (Debug) Log" found under 'Settings' - 'Debugger' - 'Common'

You instruct: "Post the log from the "debugger tab" on the bottom here in code tags (the # symbol in the new post editor)". I don't understand this but here is what I hope you're asking for:

Active debugger config: GDB/CDB debugger:Default
Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
Debug
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Norm\Downloads\Prog4Begin\newbie444programmer\
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Norm\Downloads\Prog4Begin\newbie444programmer\
Adding file: C:\Users\Norm\Downloads\Prog4Begin\newbie444programmer\bin\Debug\newbie444programmer.exe
Changing directory to: C:/Users/Norm/Downloads/Prog4Begin/newbie444programmer/.
Set variable: PATH=.;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\VIP Access Client;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Startup Setting Tool;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared

[debug]Command-line: C:\Users\Norm\Downloads\Prog4Begin\newbie444programmer\bin\Debug\newbie444programmer.exe -nx -fullname -quiet  -args C:/Users/Norm/Downloads/Prog4Begin/newbie444programmer/bin/Debug/newbie444programmer.exe
[debug]Working dir : C:\Users\Norm\Downloads\Prog4Begin\newbie444programmer

Starting debugger: C:\Users\Norm\Downloads\Prog4Begin\newbie444programmer\bin\Debug\newbie444programmer.exe -nx -fullname -quiet  -args C:/Users/Norm/Downloads/Prog4Begin/newbie444programmer/bin/Debug/newbie444programmer.exe
done

[debug]> set prompt >>>>>>cb_gdb:

Setting breakpoints

[debug]Type in 7 numbers:
[debug]The sum of input values not equal to
[debug]the smallest input value is 0

Debugger finished with status 0

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 07:05:25 am »
Link says how to use code tags.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

I do not use debug very much at all.

But, did you set any break points?
Did you build with the debug flag set?  -g
And, without the strip flag set? I think it is -s or -S

The above are simple questions that are asked of people new to programming or Code::Blocks.

I have no idea if they apply to you or your problem.

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org