Author Topic: The 06 October 2019 build (11872) is out.  (Read 48363 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 06 October 2019 build (11872) is out.
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:38:55 am »

IMPORTANT : THIS BUILD USES WX 311 with 2D SUPPORT.

Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw31u_gcc_cb_wx311_2D_gcc810-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls8.1.0.7z

The 06 October 2019 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2019/CB_20191006_rev11872_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 1.45.0

Resolved Fixed:

• CScope: Add configuration dialog to select the cscope executable. Also add a link to the help page in the settings dialog.
  • compiler.gcc - Expand CodeBlocks variables for non-ttCommandsOnly targets also and remove old debugging tags left by pecan
  • debuggerdriver.cpp - Get debugger driver to expand macros in debuggee program arguments
  • compiler: Fix assert about RecalcSizes (ticket #857)
  • UI: Make data paths more resilient to changes to the current directory
  • debugger: Rework the UI for the "Remote connection" tab in the project opions to look a bit more pleasant
  • debugger: Check additional shell commands when deciding if the remote settings for target/projects need to be saved
  • compilergcc.cpp - Print Build banner at command preBuild step, else they appear to belong to previous target
  • ProjectOptionsManipulator plugin: implemented (partially) FR #868: replace all options in one go
  • UI: Make sure the correct parent it set when showing the project dependencies dialog
  • UI: Make sure we call PlaceWindow for the dialog for selecting platform for targets
  • UI: Fix the parents of various child dialogs in the Build -> Propertie
  • UI: Make sure pressing escape works correctly in the Reorder targets dialog
  • UI: Improve child window placement
  • sdk: Implement cbProject::operator= so it is possible to copy projects
  • debugger: Improve UI of Debugger project options panel
  • debugger: Make sure we don't save empty serial baud attributes in the debugger extension
  • main application: fix crash with batch build on linux by moving the build process out of OnInit() for batch builds for wx>=3
  • wxSmith fix image editor layout for wx>3.2.x and rename dialog to image picker. Fix #862 (Thanks Miguel Gimenez for report and patch).
  • script-binding: Make it possible to examine and modify the Extension XML nodes in the projects
  • debugger: Rework the plugin to not use ProjectLoaderHooks
  • debugger: Make sure we always store remote debugging project options sorted by target
  • envvars: Rework the plugin to not use ProjectLoaderHooks
  • codecompletion: Remove the project loader hooks
  • EditorConfig: Rework the plugin to not use ProjectLoaderHooks
  • sdk: Sort extensions just before saving the project
  • sdk: Rise the plugin version, because of the recent changes
  • UI: Fix Toolbars corruption when saving perspective (ticket #846)
  • sdk: Don't save empty extension tags in the project file
  • UI: Disable middle-mouse button paste until user sets "Settings/Editor/Other editor setting/Enable marked text paste with middle mouse click (on Windows)"
  • MouseSap plugin: Remove all direct GTK calls. Fix Shift-MiddleMouse key pasting to avoid overwriting Primary clipboard .
  • compiler. cleaned up obsolete interim C++ standards that are now properly supported by GCC (i.e. C++11/14/17)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    Re: The 06 October 2019 build (11872) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 07:10:41 pm »
    Hi

OS X version of this rev can be downloaded from my Google Drive.

Debian Stretch (32 and 64 bits) can be installed from my repo.

Regards
    Xav'
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline Khram

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • 3D-tensor mathematics - vector space
      • ShipDesign
    « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 04:11:30 pm »
    Spellcheck not work...
    C++ & Fortran in MinGW-GCC-4.3.3 & Equation-GCC-13.2 with CB-13456

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 05:07:36 pm »
    Spellcheck not work...
    We know and i will fix it

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 08:04:26 pm »
    The series of failed assertions still occur when launching this nightly during an RDP session:
    http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,23158.msg157753.html#msg157753

If there is any logging that can be added to diagnose this, or otherwise any other troubleshooting that can be suggested that doesn't involve me building C::B from source I'm willing to try.  Until then I'm still stuck using the 17.12 release for stability's sake.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 08:11:04 pm »
    I doubt any logging would help. Someone should try to reproduce this somehow using a version which is debuggable. :( Then breaking in the debugger would reveal the problem and it would probably be an easy fix.

What are the settings of your rdp? Is it possible that the bit depth of the display is different? 16bits or lower? Can you build wxwidget sample and try the bitmap sample if it works correctly over rdp?

p.s. C::B is almost self contained. You need to build wxWidgets and C::B no other libraries. ;) And you must have zip in PATH.
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 07:42:49 am »
    I can try building a wxwidget sample program if it's relatively simple.  Is it one of these?
    https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/tree/master/samples/

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 08:49:24 am »
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline AndyJ

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 02:54:17 pm »
    With this nightly, predefined breakpoints no longer seem to trigger.

By prefdefined I mean ones that I previous set in the Project/targets options->Debugger->Additional GDB Commands dialog as 'break FuncName'. They are still shown but now seem to have no effect.

Going back to the previous nightly fixes this issue.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 04:52:46 pm »
    Please enable full debugger logging in  Settings->Debugger->Common

then make all your settings and start the debugger
    Please provide the content of the "Debugger" tab.
    It would be good if one log is from the working codeblocks and one from the non working...

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
    « Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 08:04:51 pm »
    Hello,

Building a WIN10 64-bit version of SVN11876 encountered a 'zip' failure.

Building messages log follows:
    Code
    ||=== Build: tinyXML in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    ||=== Build: AutoRevision in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    ||=== Build: ConsoleRunner in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    ||=== Build: Squirrel in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqapi.cpp||In function 'SQRESULT sq_setdelegate(HSQUIRRELVM, SQInteger)':|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqapi.cpp|784|warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqapi.cpp|784|note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'|
    include\scripting\squirrel\squtils.h||In instantiation of 'void sqvector<T>::remove(SQUnsignedInteger) [with T = SQObjectPtr; SQUnsignedInteger = long long unsigned int]':|
    include\scripting\squirrel\sqarray.h|77|required from here|
    include\scripting\squirrel\squtils.h|88|warning: 'void* memmove(void*, const void*, size_t)' writing to an object of type 'struct SQObjectPtr' with no trivial copy-assignment; use copy-assignment or copy-initialization instead [-Wclass-memaccess]|
    include\scripting\squirrel\sqobject.h|130|note: 'struct SQObjectPtr' declared here|
    include\scripting\squirrel\squtils.h||In instantiation of 'void sqvector<T>::remove(SQUnsignedInteger) [with T = SQObjectPtr; SQUnsignedInteger = long long unsigned int]':|
    include\scripting\squirrel\squtils.h|88|warning: 'void* memmove(void*, const void*, size_t)' writing to an object of type 'struct SQObjectPtr' with no trivial copy-assignment; use copy-assignment or copy-initialization instead [-Wclass-memaccess]|
    include\scripting\squirrel\sqobject.h|130|note: 'struct SQObjectPtr' declared here|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqdebug.cpp||In member function 'SQString* SQVM::PrintObjVal(const SQObject&)':|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqdebug.cpp|79|warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'SQInteger' {aka 'long long int'} [-Wformat=]|
    include\scripting\include\squirrel.h|151|note: in definition of macro '_SC'|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqfuncstate.cpp||In function 'void DumpLiteral(SQObjectPtr&)':|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqfuncstate.cpp|85|warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 2 has type 'SQInteger' {aka 'long long int'} [-Wformat=]|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqvm.cpp||In member function 'void SQVM::ToString(const SQObjectPtr&, SQObjectPtr&)':|
    C:\Projects\CB11876\src\sdk\scripting\squirrel\sqvm.cpp|254|warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'SQInteger' {aka 'long long int'} [-Wformat=]|
    ||=== Build: Squirrel std lib in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    ||=== Build: SqPlus in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    ||=== Build: scintilla in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    ||=== Build: sdk in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: gnu x64) ===|
    ||Execution of 'zip -jq9 devel31_64\share\CodeBlocks\manager_resources.zip sdk\resources\*.xrc' in 'C:\Projects\CB11876\src' failed.|

Any idea why 'zip' failed?

Regards

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 08:08:45 pm »
    @Frank_CB: What project/workspace are you building? Do you have zip in path? Which is the last working revision?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 08:14:41 pm »
    Any idea why 'zip' failed?
    You need a zip.exe in your path. zip.exe is an application to create zip files.
    https://superuser.com/questions/901954/where-can-i-find-a-zip-exe-that-works-in-windows-7

Offline nanyu

• Almost regular
    • nanyu
    Re: The 06 October 2019 build (11872) is out. (c::B will crash)
    « Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 08:23:24 pm »
    1. close all projects
    2. main menu : Settings -> Environment...
    3. click "OK" button (or "cancle " button) to close the dialog...
    4. c::b will crash.
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:26:53 pm by nanyu »

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #14 on: October 08, 2019, 08:35:09 pm »
    Yes, probably this one: https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/tree/master/samples/image

I built wxwidgets 3.1.2 from source, built the image sample program, added the ".\wxwidgets\lib\gcc_dll" folder to my PATH environment variable and then the image program was able to run.  This is what I got when I launched it from within an RDP session:
    https://i.imgur.com/Y1bd8zp.jpg

I didn't get any errors from the sample program.  My settings in the RDP client are:  Full screen, 16 bit color, auto detect connect quality, persistent bitmap caching.  I doubt these matter compared to changes to C::B or WxWidgets though, because the same conditions (RDP settings, bandwidth, client computer, server computer) can still launch the older version of C::B without issue.