Author Topic: When can the developer modify the bug for mac users?  (Read 5037 times)

Offline langfengyl

• Single posting newcomer
When can the developer modify the bug for mac users?
« on: June 27, 2019, 10:51:16 am »
I am running Code::Blocks version Code::Blocks SVN11712 on macOS Mojave (version 10.14.5). The compiler I use is gcc
version 9.1 .

When I test a simple c++ program, build process is OK.  The log is as follows:
Code

-------------- Build: Debug in gcctest (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

g++-9 -Wall -fexceptions -g  -c /Users/kaiyan/Documents/test/codeblocks/gcctest/main.cpp -o obj/Debug/main.o
g++-9  -o bin/Debug/gcctest obj/Debug/main.o   
Output file is bin/Debug/gcctest with size 9.71 KB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

But when I run the programe, the mac terminal displays "No such file or directory."   the logs is:
Code
-------------- Run: Debug in gcctest (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Checking for existence: /Users/kaiyan/Documents/test/codeblocks/gcctest/bin/Debug/gcctest
Set variable: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:
Executing: osascript -e 'tell app "Terminal"' -e 'activate' -e 'do script quoted form of "/Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/kaiyan/Documents/test/codeblocks/gcctest/bin/Debug/gcctest "' -e 'end tell'  (in /Users/kaiyan/Documents/test/codeblocks/gcctest/.)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))

the mac terminal display as follows:
Code
Last login: Thu Jun 27 10:48:54 on ttys008
yamliddeMacBook-Pro:~ yamlid$ '/Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/yamlid/Documents/test/codeblocks/gcctest/bin/Debug/gcctest '
-sh: /Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/yamlid/Documents/test/codeblocks/gcctest/bin/Debug/gcctest : No such file or directory

I am sure there is no space in the path.  the problem seems to be the '',  and the mac terminal interpret between the '...cb_console_runner ...' as a whole command. 

how to fixed it?

all. screenshot were included in attachment.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: When can the developer modify the bug for mac users?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 07:14:26 pm »
Known problem, unfortunately. Terminal handling on macOS should be reworked, because the method we use is some old and I'm not sure this is compatible with current versions.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline langfengyl

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 07:13:21 pm »
@oBFusCATed  Thanks for your patience and all developers' good work.  May I ask two questions?

1, How long do you expect to fix this problem?

2, C::B is a lightweight but powerful IDE and has an official edition available for Windows and linux. But so many macOS users are not so lucky, Building C::B from source code for general users is too hard. In my case, I often spend a few days in a year to build C::B from source, but in the end there are always some problems that can't be solved.  C::B is so good, Do you have a plan to release an official edition regularly for more and more mac users? I think the lack of mac computer is not a problem, because there should be a lot of people in this forum who are willing to volunteer.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 01:00:40 am »
1. I don't plan to work on it soon.
2. There are several major problems and before they are fixed an official release won't be made. There are night build releases provided by a CB user. Check the night build topics. And you're really wrong about volunteers, there are very few people willing to spend time to fix problems in CB.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]