Author Topic: The 08 June 2019 build (11712) is out.  (Read 22423 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 08 June 2019 build (11712) is out.
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:43:27 am »

IMPORTANT : THIS IS THE FIRT BUILD THAT USES WX 311 with 2D SUPPORT.

Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw31u_gcc_cb_wx311_2D_gcc810-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls8.1.0.7z

The 08 June 2019 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2019/CB_20190608_rev11712_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 1.38.0

Resolved Fixed:

• sdk: Add cbEVT_DEBUGGER_CONTINUED event for debugger (thanks bluehazzard)
  • debugger: Add event which will be used to notify debug windows that data is ready
  • debugger: Send CURSOR_CHANGED event when the debugger has stopped on a breakpoint/signal
  • debugger: Initial implementation of Memory Range Watches (thanks bluehazzard)
  • sdk: Remove cbWatchesDlg::UpdateWatches, because it is no longer used (plugin breakage possible)
  • sdk: Change the return type of cbWatch::GetDebugString (ABI break)
  • debugger: Update the Memory range window only once (thanks bluehazzard)
  • debugger: Make it possible to delay the update of memory range watches (possible massive breakage)
  • debugger: Add another parameter to cbDebuggerPlugin::AddWatch to make it similar to AddMemoryRangeWatch
  • sdk: Raise plugin version after all the changes to the debugger API/ABI
  • UI: Make the wx31 builds to be system dpiAware
  • UI: Print a warning when changing the size of toolbar images
  • UI: Move the toolbar images for NassiShneiderMan from using xpm to using pngs stored in a zip (thanks darmar and Specialmart)
  • UI: Use better looking icon for the "Select text" button in the Incremental search toolbar (thnaks darmar)
  • UI: Replace the radio buttons for images sizes in Env Settings -> View with wxChoice control
  • UI: Make the layout of Environment Settings -> View a bit more compact
  • UI: Print log message when loading an image for a toolbar fails
  • make new update script to work in case destination folders contain spaces
  • updated exchndl crash handler to v0.9.1
  • updated exchndl crash handler to v0.9.1 (added new files
  • add more recent Windows versions
  • fix debug warnings wrt file not existing
  • DoxyBlocks: Do not use images from images/16x16 folder use them from the resources.zip file directly
  • UI: Add more options for the sizes of the toolbar icons
  • UI: Add 20x20, 24x24, 28x28, 40x40, 48x48, 56x56 and 64x64 for core stuff
  • UI: Add 20x20, 24x24, 28x28, 40x40, 48x48, 56x56 and 64x64 for contrib plugins
  • UI: Remove toolbar images with size 22x22
  • UI: Replace the wxComboBox with wxChoice in Project->Properties->Build targets->Type
  • cbEditor: Make the width of the change bar to change with the zoom
  • wxSmith: fix 815: Handle the default color in the color property class of wxSmith in wx30 like in wx28
  • SourceExporter: Updated wxPDF to version 0.9.7
  • SpellChecker: Updated HunSpell to version 1.7.0
  • UI: Some places in the code were trying to load images from file system and not from resources.zip (ticket #826, thanks Miguel Gimenez)
  • UI: Auto-size marker margin column and switch to breakpoint image with the correct size
  • scintilla-wx: Cherry-pick changes from wx-master
  • UI: Use a bit bigger size for the marker margin
  • UI: Select the correct lanugage in the menu shown from the language button in the status bar
  • wxSmith: Make the dialog for edititing the items of wxChoice control to be resizable
  • scintilla-wx: Remove double buffering for wxGTK
  • scintilla-wx: Apply changes related to the macros for enabling Direct2D/Write on Windows
  • editor: Add controls for selecting the technology and font quality
  • Project options manipulator: Report success after changing the compiler options (fix ticket #470)
  • Workspace loading: Show only one message box if a project could not be loaded (Fix #809)
  • wxSmith: fix assert for adding windows to wxAUI manager (part of #789)
  • cbKeyBinder - Version 2.0 using CodeLight key binding methods; allowing future ability to dynamically set menu and global accelerators to any frame. Thanks Eran Ifrah
  • wxSmith: Do not use the macro _() for translation on static strings. Mark the strings with wxTRANSLATE() for extraction tools and translate them later with wxGetTranslation() (thanks sodev and Miguel Gimenez) (fix #687)
  • wxSmith: The constructor of wxGLCanvas for wx30 has changed. This patch adds a #ifdef to the generated code with cases for wx>30. Leave the wx28 part unchanged (thanks Gérard Durand alias gd_on) (fix #702)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:04:43 pm by killerbot »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    Re: The 08 May 2019 build (11712) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:55:24 am »
    Isn't this the 08 June night build and not 08 May?  8)
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 08 June 2019 build (11712) is out.
    « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 02:05:00 pm »
    corrected  :-[

naseyuki

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 04:43:36 pm »
    Thank you for C:B!

Most of the UI problems are gone! And it's seems to be fast then before on Windows!

There's a little problem however, trying to uninstall the Thread Search plugin leaves the program frozen til Windows decide to close it by force, isn't a regression since random crashes always seems to happen uninstalling or disabling plugins, but now just this one (to my knowledge) is left. (Ticket #838)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 06:34:05 pm »
    This is known problem. It requires major changes to be fixed properly, so it will wait for now until I find the time. It is not really critical one at least to me.
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 07:58:23 pm »
    anyone seen this when building on linux :

Code
    wxscolourproperty.cpp:88:5: error: cannot convert ‘const char*’ to ‘const wxChar* {aka const wchar_t*}’ in initialization
         };
         ^
    wxscolourproperty.cpp:88:5: error: cannot convert ‘const char*’ to ‘const wxChar* {aka const wchar_t*}’ in initialization

Code
    gcc (SUSE Linux) 7.4.1 20190424 [gcc-7-branch revision 270538]
    Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
    warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 08:11:08 pm »
    Yes, this is known, too, see the discussion in ticket #687.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 12:10:25 am »

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 05:16:56 am »
    A slight annoyance to me is that starting at some point in the nightly builds newer than the 17.12 release (at least as far back as the 3-9-2019 nightly), the font used in certain areas (title text for various window panels such as "Management" and "Breakpoints", log text in the logs panel, source file names in the tabs above the editor area) changed whereas the text in other areas remained the same (main menu titles, contents of the Projects tab in the management panel, the source code text for open files).  I can't find where to change the font to match the one used in 17.12, which I like more.

Settings>Editor>Font is set to Courier New, regular style, size 10 in all my C::B instances.  Environment settings>View>Message logs' font size is set to 8 in all my C::B instances, but the differences are easy to see (top log panel is 17.12, lower log panel is this nightly):
    https://i.imgur.com/ARChuVF.jpg

I tried messing with font sizes and the "Font quality" settings in Configure editor>other editor settings, but I couldn't find how to make it look the old way.  Is there a way I can make it look the way it used to or do I just have to get used to the uglier font?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 11:18:38 am »
    You're talking about the text in the logs aren't you?

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 12:31:50 pm »
    There are other instances like I mentioned, but the log text is the biggest one because I look at it all the time.  It looks like the "ugly" log text is possibly a Unicode font that is picking up the Japanese system locale I currently have set in Windows (I change it occasionally for testing purposes).  17.12 didn't seem to change the font to reflect the locale, notice that it doesn't display the backslashes as the yen symbol as Windows does in Japanese locale.  For both versions of Codeblocks, the spell checker language is set to US English, as is Windows's input method editor.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 02:32:33 pm »
    This is probably hardcoded font and it doens't find it on your system. I suppose something in wx's font selection changed. If you want to do experiments check the ListCtrlLogger::UpdateSettings and TextCtrlLogger::UpdateSettings.

What happens if you build cb with latest wx-master?

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 06:35:18 pm »
    Hi.

Building this rev on OSX fails :
    Code
    config.status: error: cannot find input file: `src/src/resources/images/22x22/Makefile.in'

When updating with svn, I have "accepted incoming deletion" of this "22x22" folder.
    Have I done something wrong ?

Regards
    Xav'
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 07:28:06 pm »
    The 22x22 folder is not needed anymore. Probably you must execute ./configure again

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 08:28:49 pm »
    Xaviou: Have you run the bootstrap script?