Author Topic: Problem compìling after r11701 (related to Direct2D)  (Read 16129 times)

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Problem compìling after r11701 (related to Direct2D)
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:57:33 pm »
After updating to r11701 I can't compile C::B due to this lines in PlatWX.cpp

Code
#if wxCHECK_VERSION(3, 1, 0) && defined(__WXMSW__) && !defined(HAVE_DIRECTWRITE_TECHNOLOGY)
    #error "You need to have Direct2D capable wxWidget build to build Code::Blocks. We want to support fonts with ligatures!!!"
#endif // wxCHECK_VERSION(3, 1, 0) && defined(__WXMSW__) && !defined(HAVE_DIRECTWRITE_TECHNOLOGY)

I have changed wxUSE_GRAPHICS_GDIPLUS to 0 and wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D to 1 in my setup.h and recompiled wx3.1.2, but now I get linking errors when creating libwxscintilla.a:

Code
undefined reference to wxGCDC::AcquireHDC()
undefined reference to wxGraphicsRenderer::GetDefaultRenderer()

and more like those. Which configuration should I use to get this to work?.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Problem compìling after r11701 (related to Direct2D)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 03:19:43 pm »
Why do you disable wxUSE_GRAPHICS_GDIPLUS?

Unfortunately I don't remember what I did to enable direct2d. :(
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 03:46:49 pm »
In a first step I only changed wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D to 1; wxWidgets compiled OK, but when linking C::B sdk the linker does not find the Direct2D functions.

I then read that Direct2D was intended to replace GDI+, so I disabled GDI+ just in case it was blocking Direct2D. This breaks libwxscntilla.a creation.

So I prefer asking before recompiling wxWidgets for a third time.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 03:55:00 pm »
Operating System version?
wxWidgets version? 3.1.2

What happen to make you think it failed to find Direct2D functions?
Build error or what?

Tim S.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:56:59 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 04:02:58 pm »
Windows 10 64 bits
MinGW 7.2
wxWidgets 3.1.2 compiled in 32 bits

When I set wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D to 1 wxWidgets compiles OK, but when linking C::B sdk the linker does not find the Direct2D functions. I am now on a different computer, don't have the exact error messages at hand.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 05:23:16 pm »
Can you build the stc sample and see if it works? There is a chance your compiler (mingw stuff in fact) has missing all the direct2d libs which are required. I think, I'm using mingw-w64 8.x.x.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 11:21:02 pm »
I am using MSVC and i get GDI+ and Direct 2D out-of-the-box without any special setup. I remember in the past even GDI+ wasn't working on MinGW so this might indeed be a compiler issue. You can check setup.h, it should contain #ifdefs for these features to test the compiler version, might give you a hint which version is required.

Thats one of the reasons why i don't like to use GCC on Windows ;)

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 10:20:20 am »
Ok, updating to mingw-w64 with GCC 8.1 did the trick.

I am using MSVC and i get GDI+ and Direct 2D out-of-the-box without any special setup

MSVC has Direct2D activated by default, when using GCC you must activate it explicitly. This is the original setup.h code:

Code
#if defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER >= 1600
    #define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT
#else
    #define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D 0
#endif

I don't use any MS product (apart from Windows, of course).

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 04:48:04 pm »
Do you mean that I have to use MinGW-w64's gcc 8.1 and above?
I have only gcc 7.2 at hand.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 06:35:21 pm »
The problem was likely an missing header in mingw.org GCC; mingw-w64 has several headers that are not in mingw.org GCC.

--

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 10:31:13 pm »
You have to use a compiler which has the direct2d headers/libs or you have to manually comment the enforcing code in local builds.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 09:22:57 pm »
You have to use a compiler which has the direct2d headers/libs or you have to manually comment the enforcing code in local builds.

I'm using mingw810_64seh> gcc.exe --version
gcc.exe (x86_64-posix-seh-rev0, Built by MinGW-W64 project) 8.1.0

Could you please tell us what we have to do to get around this problem.
I don't understand the comment above. What does "comment the enforcing code" mean? And where would that be?

The setup.h for wxWidgets 3.1.1 here is:
Code
// Enable wxGraphicsContext and related classes for a modern 2D drawing API.
//
// Default is 1 except if you're using a compiler without support for GDI+
// under MSW, i.e. gdiplus.h and related headers (MSVC and MinGW >= 4.8 are
// known to have them). For other compilers (e.g. older mingw32) you may need
// to install the headers (and just the headers) yourself. If you do, change
// the setting below manually.
//
// Recommended setting: 1 if supported by the compilation environment

// Notice that we can't use wxCHECK_VISUALC_VERSION() nor wxCHECK_GCC_VERSION()
// here as this file is included from wx/platform.h before they're defined.
#if defined(_MSC_VER) || \
    (defined(__MINGW32__) && (__GNUC__ > 4 || __GNUC_MINOR__ >= 8))
#define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 1
#else
// Disable support for other Windows compilers, enable it if your compiler
// comes with new enough SDK or you installed the headers manually.
//
// Notice that this will be set by configure under non-Windows platforms
// anyhow so the value there is not important.
#define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 0
#endif

...further down....

/* --- end common options --- */

/* --- start MSW options --- */
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Graphics backends choices for Windows
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

// The options here are only taken into account if wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT is 1.

// Enable support for GDI+-based implementation of wxGraphicsContext.
//
// Default is 1.
//
// Recommended setting: 1 if you need to support XP, as Direct2D is not
// available there.
#define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_GDIPLUS wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT

// Enable support for Direct2D-based implementation of wxGraphicsContext.
//
// Default is 1 for compilers which support it, i.e. VC10+ currently. If you
// use an earlier MSVC version or another compiler and installed the necessary
// SDK components manually, you need to change this setting.
//
// Recommended setting: 1 for faster and better quality graphics under Windows
// 7 and later systems (if wxUSE_GRAPHICS_GDIPLUS is also enabled, earlier
// systems will fall back on using GDI+).
#if defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER >= 1600
    #define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT
#else
#endif

But I still get the problem.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:45:17 pm by Pecan »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 10:13:02 pm »
Code
The above likely needs to
Code
#define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D 1

Tim S.
--

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 10:27:41 pm »
The error is caused by the line 34 in PlatWX.cpp
Code
#if defined(__WXMSW__) && wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D

adding "defined()" around  wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D solves this problem and  gets me further.
eg.
Code
#if defined(__WXMSW__) && defined(wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 10:39:19 pm »
Now I'm getting pummeled with errors from PlatWx that I don't understand:

Code
||=== Build: scintilla in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In member function 'virtual void Font::Create(const FontParameters&)':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|203|error: expected type-specifier before 'SurfaceFontDataD2D'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|782|error: 'SurfaceFontDataD2D' does not name a type; did you mean 'SurfaceData'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|869|error: 'SurfaceFontDataD2D' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|869|error: non-member function 'bool Initialised()' cannot have cv-qualifier|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In function 'bool Initialised()':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|871|error: 'm_pTextFormat' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|871|note: suggested alternative: 'GetTimeFormat'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|877|error: 'SurfaceDataD2D' does not name a type; did you mean 'SurfaceData'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|911|error: 'SurfaceDataD2D' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|911|error: non-member function 'bool Initialised()' cannot have cv-qualifier|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|911|error: redefinition of 'bool Initialised()'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|869|note: 'bool Initialised()' previously defined here|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In function 'bool Initialised()':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|913|error: 'm_pD2DFactory' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|913|note: suggested alternative: 'wxDCFactory'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|913|error: 'm_pDWriteFactory' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|913|note: suggested alternative: 'IID_ITypeFactory'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|916|error: 'SurfaceDataD2D' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In function 'void DiscardGraphicsResources()':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|918|error: 'm_pRenderTarget' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|919|error: 'm_pSolidBrush' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|919|note: suggested alternative: 'CreateSolidBrush'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|920|error: 'm_pPatternBrush' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|920|note: suggested alternative: 'CreatePatternBrush'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|923|error: 'SurfaceDataD2D' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In function 'HRESULT CreateGraphicsResources()':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|926|error: 'm_pRenderTarget' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|928|error: 'D2D1_RENDER_TARGET_PROPERTIES' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|934|error: 'm_pD2DFactory' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|934|note: suggested alternative: 'wxDCFactory'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|935|error: 'renderTargetProperties' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|935|note: suggested alternative: 'PrinterProperties'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|940|error: 'D2D1_COLOR_F' does not name a type; did you mean 'DM_COLOR'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|941|error: 'color' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|941|error: 'm_pSolidBrush' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|941|note: suggested alternative: 'CreateSolidBrush'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|946|error: 'D2D1_BITMAP_BRUSH_PROPERTIES' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|951|error: 'wxCOMPtr' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|951|note: suggested alternative: 'wxCOPY'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|951|error: 'ID2D1Bitmap' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|951|note: suggested alternative: 'LoadBitmap'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|951|error: 'bitmap' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|951|note: suggested alternative: 'wxBitmap'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|953|error: 'D2D1_PIXEL_FORMAT' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|953|note: suggested alternative: 'EMR_PIXELFORMAT'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|958|error: 'D2D1' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|959|error: 'D2D1' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|959|error: 'pixel_format' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|959|note: suggested alternative: 'wxPixelFormat'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|962|error: 'brushProperties' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|962|note: suggested alternative: 'EdgeProperties'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|963|error: 'm_pPatternBrush' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|963|note: suggested alternative: 'CreatePatternBrush'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|969|error: 'SurfaceDataD2D' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In function 'void SetEditorPaintAbandoned()':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|971|error: 'm_editor' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|971|note: suggested alternative: 'Editor'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1066|error: 'wxCOMPtr' does not name a type; did you mean 'wxCOPY'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1067|error: 'wxCOMPtr' does not name a type; did you mean 'wxCOPY'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1068|error: 'wxCOMPtr' does not name a type; did you mean 'wxCOPY'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1069|error: 'wxCOMPtr' does not name a type; did you mean 'wxCOPY'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1070|error: 'wxCOMPtr' does not name a type; did you mean 'wxCOPY'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1072|error: 'SurfaceDataD2D' does not name a type; did you mean 'SurfaceData'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In constructor 'SurfaceD2D::SurfaceD2D()':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1077|error: class 'SurfaceD2D' does not have any field named 'm_pDWriteFactory'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1077|error: '::wxDWriteFactory' has not been declared|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1077|note: suggested alternative: 'wxDCFactory'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1092|error: 'm_surfaceData' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1092|note: suggested alternative: 'SurfaceData'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp||In member function 'virtual void SurfaceD2D::Init(SurfaceID, WindowID)':|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1125|error: 'm_surfaceData' was not declared in this scope|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1125|note: suggested alternative: 'SurfaceData'|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1125|error: 'SurfaceDataD2D' does not name a type; did you mean 'SurfaceData'?|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1125|error: expected '>' before '*' token|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1125|error: expected '(' before '*' token|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1125|error: expected primary-expression before '>' token|
C:\usr\Proj\cbBeta31\trunk\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp|1125|error: expected ')' before ';' token|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build failed: 50 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 13 second(s)) ===|