Author Topic: Codeblocks Text Editor problem with RT kernel  (Read 2636 times)

Offline RogerIrwin

• Single posting newcomer
Codeblocks Text Editor problem with RT kernel
« on: April 09, 2019, 09:21:14 am »
Using Codeblocks with SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 4.9.130-2 I found that text will occasionally get pasted in at random. The text is generally from a previous cut and paste operation, and I may find the text at random places throughout the files; however it does seem to turn up in places I haven't recently had the cursor.....the problem surfaces on errors when I compile!

The problem is not particularly frequent, it will happen several times during a days work, but that's enough to be annoying on a large project.

So I tried switching to codelite, and found it had the same problem.

I then switched to Geany, and this has not manifested the problem at all.

Curious, I have tested this behaviour on 3 completely different hardwares and it remains the same. I also tried developing a project on one of the machines with the normal kernel, and there were no problems.

So what I know so far is that the problem is probably not hardware specific, it does appear to be RT kernel specific, and presumably has it's roots in some library or code that is present in both CodeBlocks and codelite.

BTW, I'm using the RT kernel to schedule a task at 3mS intervals with low latency. This process is quite light, it is not loading the machine, but the bug appears also when the process is not running.

Regards,
Roger.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Codeblocks Text Editor problem with RT kernel
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 08:49:25 am »
Are you sure you're not middle clicking your mouse at random?
Can you reproduce the problem with the stc sample in wxwidgets?
Both codeblocks and codelite use wx and wxscintilla.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]