Author Topic: Wrong spell checker on russian (and probably other languages)  (Read 25518 times)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Wrong spell checker on russian (and probably other languages)
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2019, 08:46:36 pm »
ufff... Of course you are right... I missed the forest for the trees...
so there are still two things on the todo list:
1) Remove the obsolete variables and increment the pos in a loop
2) Only check a word if there is a white space at the end (or a new line, or any other non word character. Hmmm this again can be a pain in the a*** to find out... I have to look into it)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2019, 11:41:05 pm »
2) In fact it seems the old behaviour is the same, so if it will introduce too much complexity probably don't change it now. Leave it after the release.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2019, 05:58:34 pm »
Ok i now look if the caret is at the end of a word, and if so, i do not show it as error. This is the closes i can think of without complicated logic (store with a decay time if the user modifies a word and ignore it for some time before it is checked or similar...)... I do not want to invest more time in this...

[edit:] I also committed this to trunk... I do not want to switch branches with svn... If this should be in release, please cherry pick...