Author Topic: Feature Request: Resize the "Code completion Toolbar" based on a percent  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Kahenraz

• Single posting newcomer
I've trimmed down the interface and removed all of the plugins that I didn't need. However, the "Code completion Toolbar" has an extremely wide fixed-width. I found that it can be resized from "Settings -> Editor... -> Code completion -> Symbol browser (tab) -> Toolbar -> Scope/Function choice length".

This is still only a workaround as the space available varies depending on the size of the window, full screen, etc.

It would be nice if this toolbar would resize itself as necessary rather than being truncated by the size of the window on a percentage. For example, change the length option to a minimum with an additional option for "Automatic width bias" favoring scope. So, a bias of 50% would use all of the available toolbar with half being used for each combox. A bias of 30% would instead use a width of 30/70, but also honoring the minimum width.

I'm new to Code::Blocks and would be happy to look into submitting a pull request for this myself if someone would be kind enough to direct me to the relevant sources.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Feature Request: Resize the "Code completion Toolbar" based on a percent
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 08:50:01 am »
I don't think there is an api in wxwidgets to make what you want. If you find one, I'll be happy to apply a patch you submit.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Kahenraz

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 10:26:12 am »
Where can I find this component in the source tree?

Thank you.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 10:40:40 am »
Search for CodeCompletion::BuildToolBar
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]