Author Topic: Can't type curly brackets  (Read 12204 times)

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
Re: Can't type curly brackets
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 05:01:03 pm »
I can type them with current OSX release version, although my keyboard is finnish/nordic. OSX version is high sierra. What prevents me from doing anything with C::B in OSX is just how buggy it is. For example if you try to change the font size of editor it crashes. Everything crashes it. Not to mention how bad OSX is as dev platform, that's why no one is programming in it.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 06:50:55 pm »
Have you tried one of the nightly builds for mac? Do they also work so poor?

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 03:41:08 pm »
Have you tried one of the nightly builds for mac?

No, because I'm Apple user. I don't know how to build anything from source, that's for linux guys. I wish Apple had gone some other way than unix based OS, because everything is so hard for programming. It's like you can't have everything, you can't have easy user experience in software/regular OS use -and- easy programming platform; that part had to be difficult in OSX.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 05:54:30 pm »
No, because I'm Apple user. I don't know how to build anything from source, that's for linux guys

There are prebuild packages for OS X...

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,23158.msg157729.html#msg157729

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 09:13:28 am »
Krice: What version of C::B are you using? And please don't derail topics. This one is for braces not for stability problems on macOS!
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 09:27:13 am »
@the_incredible_frank: This is a known problem. Starting a program in a terminal has change in not so recent macOS versions and we haven't updated our code. So at the moment you cannot start and inspect console applications on macOS. Sorry.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 02:12:35 pm »
Krice: What version of C::B are you using? And please don't derail topics. This one is for braces not for stability problems on macOS!

The release version which seems to be 13.12 for OSX. Just a little bit more derailing: maybe you could release "official" development versions like once a month so regular people could test development versions, not just those who can go through the difficult task to compile them. I really don't want to install development version from some random guy's google drive, it just doesn't sound that safe.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 03:47:17 pm »
Are you hitting the red (debug) or the green (run) arrow?
If you hit the green arrow the debugger does not matter.
Can you runt the compiled program from the command line?
There seems to be some new mac people around here in the forum, maybe they can help you...
I use Build >> Run.
The compiled program doesn't run but it's created in bin>debug ant it runs perfectly.

If you were on Linux, I would suggest verifying the terminal setting are correct in CB.
Also, does the non debug target run without problems in CB?

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org