Author Topic: Installing from Source Code  (Read 8420 times)

Offline tigerbeard

• Almost regular
Re: Installing from Source Code
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 11:03:32 am »
https://github.com/obfuscated/codeblocks_sf/blob/master/.travis.yml

Doing the steps from this file will give you installable .deb files...It lists all the deps and at the bottom you have the two commands that you have to execute to get them.

Nice. I always learn interesting stuff here. Was not aware that C::B uses "Trevis" for continuous integration (just new Jenkins). Guessing from the file syntax I understood that you mean this (Debian style Linux)

Code
# installation on Debian systems
 [unpack tar.gz sources and go into that folder]
$ apt install libwxgtk3.0-dev libboost-system-dev fakeroot debhelper cdbs libgtk2.0-dev libgamin-dev libboost-dev libhunspell-dev
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./debian/setup_control.sh 
$ dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
cd ..
sudo apt remove codeblocks
sudo apt install ./codeblocks_20.03svn0_amd64.deb ./codeblocks-common_20.03svn0_all.deb ./libcodeblocks0_20.03svn0_amd64.deb ./codeblocks-dev_20.03svn0_amd64.deb ./codeblocks-headers_20.03svn0_all.deb ./*wx*.deb

Thats dead esay C::B buid. Doesn't address the libwxgtk2.X-dev, though.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:06:36 am by tigerbeard »

Offline sodev

• Regular
Re: Installing from Source Code
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 07:44:08 pm »
For centos there is wxgtk-devel. For ubuntu libwxgtk-dev.
Nice trick to install the system library to get the requirements, but at least on CentOS 7 this is still wxWidgets 2.8.12 which might not depend on everything that newer releases do. Plus i didn't want the system library on my system.

Today I've compiled wx-master on a clean ubuntu just by installing libgtk-3-dev...
I don't know the situation on Ubuntu, but me too could get wxWidgets to compile with less than my listed dependencies, but then the configure script spills out warnings about disabling certain components because of missing requirements.