Author Topic: toolbar bottom edge is not shown corectly under C::B build with wx git master  (Read 31036 times)

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
This bug has just been fixed on wxWidgets trunk, commit ce903da

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Hi, I reread this thread again today.

I think in this thread, I have two main issues:
1, in wx3.x, the toolbar height is higher than wx2.x, but the bottom edge is not drawn correctly, which is already fixed in wx trunk now(see https://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/18138) by repaint the toolbar background when repainted.

2, the reason why the toolbar becomes higher is that in wx3.x, the wxChoice is higher than in wx 2.8. It is 3 pixels higher under Windows. Thus, the whole wxToolbar is 3 pixels higher. But it cause another two issues: issue 2.1, if you look at the screen shot, it normal toolbar bottom is top aligned in the toolbar, is it possible make them vertical center aligned. issue 2.2, is it possible to reduce the wxChoice to be a bit smaller height just like wx2.8? I see that this commit cause such issue(see this commit: Ensure toolbar fits controls that are taller than the buttons in wxMS… · wxWidgets/wxWidgets@0185d61)

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
I add a screen shot of the current c::b trunk build against wx3.1.2.
You see the two arrows pointing to the toolbar. The first row toolbar is higher, because it has wxChoice. The second row toolbar is compact(because it only contains toolbar buttons), which is the same height as c::b build against wx2.8.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:58:29 pm by ollydbg »
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.