Author Topic: wxsmith plugin, where is it?  (Read 16953 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: wxsmith plugin, where is it?
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 07:47:23 pm »
From where are you getting the debian src packages for Code::Blocks?

I always did a src package build using a repo of one of the CB Team or Developer.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline jjenson

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2019, 08:19:21 pm »
From where are you getting the debian src packages for Code::Blocks?

I always did a src package build using a repo of one of the CB Team or Developer.

Tim S.

The source I get from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Sources/17.12/codeblocks_17.12.tar.xz.

Offline osdt

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2019, 09:21:26 pm »
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/local/lib/libhunspell-1.7.so.0 (used by debian/codeblocks-contrib/usr/lib/codeblocks/plugins/libSpellChecker.so)
Hint: check if the library actually comes from a package.

Your package depends on the self-built libhunspell, which is not allowed for good reasons. Remove it from your system, install libhunspell-dev provided by your distribution.

Offline jjenson

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2019, 10:16:02 pm »
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/local/lib/libhunspell-1.7.so.0 (used by debian/codeblocks-contrib/usr/lib/codeblocks/plugins/libSpellChecker.so)

Your package depends on the self-built libhunspell, which is not allowed for good reasons. Remove it from your system, install libhunspell-dev provided by your distribution.

I have the libhunspell provided by my distribution. I installed it with sudo apt-get install libhunspell-dev

Offline osdt

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2019, 10:44:11 pm »

I have the libhunspell provided by my distribution. I installed it with sudo apt-get install libhunspell-dev
The error message above clearly states that libSpellChecker.so was linked against /usr/local/lib/libhunspell-1.7.so.0 which is not provided by any package installed on your system.

Offline jjenson

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2019, 11:16:18 pm »

The error message above clearly states that libSpellChecker.so was linked against /usr/local/lib/libhunspell-1.7.so.0 which is not provided by any package installed on your system.

Yes, I know; it's something that has me perplexed.

if I type 'sudo apt install libhunspell-dev'

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
libhunspell-dev is already the newest version (1.6.2-1).

It shows I have libhunspell v1.6 installed; which is the one listed in the package manager.

The libhunspell v1.7 I tarred the files before deleting them from /usr/lib and I tried building the packages and it failed immediately because of a dependency on libhunspell; particularly that one (v1.7), even though I have v1.6 installed on my system. I even uninstalled and reinstalled v1.6 but I got the same results. There is something on my system that's telling it where to find libhunspell and it is pointing to the v1.7 one in usr/lib. If I can find where that is, I could fix this problem. So I restored the v1.7 for the tar file to the /usr/lib directory and I was able to make the code; even though I still can't build packages.

Offline jjenson

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 12:47:37 am »
I fixed the problem. I did a 'grep -r libhunspell' in the build folder and it came back with a lot of references to the libhunspell-1.7 library. After deleting the folder and creating a new one, I tried the grep on the new folder and it came back with a lot of references to the outdated libhunspell-1.3 library; I guess that's the default.

When I deleted the libhunspell-1.7 files, I deleted the folder which holds the source and created a new one, but I didn't realize that when you run the build, it creates an archive one folder up from the current directory and I think that archive contains info from the previous build that interfered with the next build. I also thought about the possibility that some environmental variables were created during the build that carried over when I did the build again because I was using the same terminal window. So I made sure to not only delete the archive, but to also create a new terminal window before doing the build.

The build completed, created all the deb packages and I installed them without issue. Everything works well now. I'd like to thank everyone who had patience with me and helped me in one way or another.