Author Topic: Code::Blocks Compilers wont make new project  (Read 3954 times)

Super_Void

Code::Blocks Compilers wont make new project
« on: November 21, 2016, 09:31:06 pm »
Hey, obviously I'm a brand new user to Code::Blocks. I'll just get to it then,

I have windows 8.1, downloaded the codeblocks-blocks16.01mingw-setup.exe and proceeded to download and install all available files. Then afterwards I continue with the app to make to make my first project but it says 'Couldn't create the project directory: C:\Users\001\CodeBlocks\SoloLearn\" in an error window.

Basically I'm not sure what to do to correct this, I can't even make a new project? There was no further instructions and on the tutorial I am reading it just going into compiling my first project. So, what gives? Any help would be appreciated. I am sure I am just overlooking something simple but I've spent a bit of time on this and have found nothing.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Code::Blocks Compilers wont make new project
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:04:24 pm »
Does the folder "C:\Users\001" exist?
If NOT, then do NOT try to use it.
If yes, do you have permission to create folders and files under it?

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline stringbean

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:17:12 am »
I downloaded CB yesterday, 1/1/19, and it worked for about an hour. I was following along with a C++ tutorial program on the internet and CB worked just fine. Fired up the computers and tried to continue where I had left off. But CB will not work. It presents a pretty picture of the Start Here - CB then; create new project; console application ; console welcome screen next ; C++ next ; Console indicates project title: I enter test then hit button NEXT ; GNU GCC Compiler NEXT ; and I get an error message = Couldn't create the project directory: C:\Users\test\ . This did not happen yesterday. What is wrong

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:24:47 am »
Posting in multiple topics the same thing is not really a good idea.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]