Author Topic: Installation from Debian 9 (Stretch) problems  (Read 3007 times)

DWORTHEM

Installation from Debian 9 (Stretch) problems
« on: December 27, 2018, 06:12:22 am »
Hello,
I have Debian 9 (Stretch) installed on my desktop machine.
From Synaptic Package Manager I tried to install CodeBlocks 16.01 but when I select "Mark for Installations" I get a list that says a long list of items will be removeded. The attached screenshots shows much of the list.

There appear to be major items listed to be removed such as aptitude, empathy, evolution, gnome and others. This seems rather drastic. Is there something I missed or need to do?

If I do "sudo apt-get install codeblocks" from the command line I get the following:

dennis@dennis:~$ sudo apt-get install codeblocks
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 gsettings-desktop-schemas : Breaks: gnome-settings-daemon (< 3.19.92) but 3.14.2-3+deb8u1 is to be installed
                             Breaks: mutter (< 3.19.92) but 3.14.4-1~deb8u1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
dennis@dennis:~$

What am I doing wrong, it seems that this should work since they all came from the Debian Stretch repository?

Any help would be appreciated.
Dennis

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Installation from Debian 9 (Stretch) problems
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 11:41:01 am »
It is better to ask in a debian support forum or mailing list. There might be people which know how to help you better...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]