Author Topic: TAO and ACE from DevPack  (Read 8643 times)

MariuszP

TAO and ACE from DevPack
« on: February 10, 2006, 02:14:22 pm »
Anyone was able to compile projects included in DevPacks for TAO? I got plenty of errors and don't know how to handle them. Sure i can look throught ace and tao (cause I'v got erros in tao and ace files) but this is not the proper way I guess.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: TAO and ACE from DevPack
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 02:22:13 pm »
Anyone was able to compile projects included in DevPacks for TAO? I got plenty of errors and don't know how to handle them. Sure i can look throught ace and tao (cause I'v got erros in tao and ace files) but this is not the proper way I guess.

Some suggestions:

• Search in the forum. ACE was already discussed and may be the post(s) could be helpful for you.
  • If there is a ACE/TAO forum, you can also try there (if the errors are more related to ACE/TAO rather than C::B.

Also which version of C::B are you using? If RC2, give a try to the latest nightly build.

Best wishes,
Michael

PS.: Without knowing the errors you get, it is rather difficult to help :wink:.

MariuszP

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 02:25:53 pm »
I'm using rc2 - I'll try nighty build.

I didn't gave details of errors cause it would be too much, and if anybody already build ACE/TAO under CB it is quite possible that he will have some clues about how to handle them.
Anyway - I'll try night build and look at the ACE/TAO website.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 02:36:32 pm »

You can also have a look at this topic.

Michael

MariuszP

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 03:28:53 pm »

Michael

Thx Michael. I'll check that in monday cause right now I'm going home :D
I tried latest night build but it didn't changed anything.

Mariusz

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 03:43:03 pm »

Michael

Thx Michael. I'll check that in monday cause right now I'm going home :D
I tried latest night build but it didn't changed anything.

Mariusz

Ok. if you have some problems, then post the errors (some of them if several, or store them into a file, compress it with 7zip and post it).

Michael

MariuszP

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 01:10:22 pm »
Updating CB to latest NB didn't gave anything?
I took a look at the TAO website but there are only informations about how to compile TAO and ACE, but what i want is to compile example included in devpack. Well, it looks that only thing left is to post some error messages.

Well, i just realized that I don't have any idea how to copy error list from CB. When I try ctrl+c ctrl-v it doesn't work. Right mouse button on error list is blocked so ... any clues?

anyway - most of the errors are:
-declaration of function conflicts with...
-template with c linkage
-previous declaration *** here

And so on.
What I did after installing the devpack was to set up inlude paths, change one directory name (strange - but one include pointed to non existent directory) and basically that's all. Don't know what to think about this. I'm sure that i'm doing something wrong but what....

--
regards
Mariusz

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 01:19:33 pm »
Well, it looks that only thing left is to post some error messages.

Well, i just realized that I don't have any idea how to copy error list from CB. When I try ctrl+c ctrl-v it doesn't work. Right mouse button on error list is blocked so ... any clues?

In "Build log" with right click you can "select all" and "copy".

Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 01:28:18 pm »
anyway - most of the errors are:
-declaration of function conflicts with...
-template with c linkage
-previous declaration *** here

I have found this that may be could be useful for you.

Michael

MariuszP

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 03:00:20 pm »

In "Build log" with right click you can "select all" and "copy".

Michael

Well. I tried to copy build messages instead of log. Ok, here it is (little bit long so I only put part of it.):

-------------- Build: default in client ---------------
Compiling: BroadcasterS.cpp
In file included from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.h:23,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Global_Macros.h:743,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_Thread.h:28,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Thread_Mutex.h:31,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Atomic_Op.h:23,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Event_Handler.h:24,
                 from ../../include/ace/signal.h:30,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/os_include/os_signal.h:31,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/os_include/sys/os_select.h:28,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Handle_Set.h:23,
                 from ../../include/ace/process.h:23,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/os_include/os_unistd.h:35,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/os_include/os_limits.h:27,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Basic_Types.h:56,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/tao/orbconf.h:24,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/tao/Exception.h:22,
                 from ../../include/tao/UserException.h:21,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/tao/ORB.h:21,
                 from ./ReceiverC.h:43,
                 from ./ReceiverS.h:36,
                 from ./BroadcasterS.h:36,
                 from BroadcasterS.cpp:36:
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.h:42: error: declaration of C function `void ACE_OS::last_error(int)' conflicts with
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.h:39: error: previous declaration `int ACE_OS::last_error()' here
In file included from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.h:92,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.h:23,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/os_include/sys/os_select.h:28,
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl:8: error: `int ACE_OS::last_error()' should have been declared inside `ACE_OS'
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl: In function `int ACE_OS::last_error()':
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl:8: error: declaration of C function `int ACE_OS::last_error()' conflicts with
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.h:42: error: previous declaration `void ACE_OS::last_error(int)' here
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl: At global scope:
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl:27: error: `void ACE_OS::last_error(int)' should have been declared inside `ACE_OS'
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl: In function `void ACE_OS::last_error(int)':
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl:27: error: declaration of C function `void ACE_OS::last_error(int)' conflicts with
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_errno.inl:8: error: previous declaration `int ACE_OS::last_error()' here
In file included from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.h:92,
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl: At global scope:
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:7: warning: inline function 'ACE_Errno_Guard::ACE_Errno_Guard(int&, int)' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:7: warning: inline function 'ACE_Errno_Guard::ACE_Errno_Guard(int&, int)' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:20: warning: inline function 'ACE_Errno_Guard::ACE_Errno_Guard(int&)' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:20: warning: inline function 'ACE_Errno_Guard::ACE_Errno_Guard(int&)' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:30: warning: inline function 'ACE_Errno_Guard::~ACE_Errno_Guard()' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:30: warning: inline function 'ACE_Errno_Guard::~ACE_Errno_Guard()' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:48: warning: inline function 'int ACE_Errno_Guard::operator=(int)' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:54: warning: inline function 'bool ACE_Errno_Guard::operator==(int)' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Errno.inl:60: warning: inline function 'bool ACE_Errno_Guard::operator!=(int)' is declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
In file included from D:/development/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/iosfwd:46,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/iosfwd.h:46,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Log_Msg_Attributes.h:25,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Base_Thread_Adapter.h:15,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_Thread.h:32,
D:/development/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/mingw32/bits/c++locale.h:61: error: template with C linkage
In file included from D:/development/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/iosfwd:49,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/iosfwd.h:46,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_Log_Msg_Attributes.h:25,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/Base_Thread_Adapter.h:15,
                 from D:/development/CodeBlocks/devpacks/include/ace/OS_NS_Thread.h:32,

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 03:23:15 pm »
I am not sure of the errors. Probably you have forgotten one or more preprocessor instructions. But I am not sure.

Did you set the libraries path and libraries correctly in the linker?

I would suggest to post your problem here too:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

As alternative, you can try to compile ACE by yourself using MSYS/MinGW. Here there are the instructions:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/ACE-INSTALL.html#mingw

Best wishes,
Michael

MariuszP

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 01:17:37 pm »
I am not sure of the errors. Probably you have forgotten one or more preprocessor instructions. But I am not sure.

Did you set the libraries path and libraries correctly in the linker?

I would suggest to post your problem here too:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

As alternative, you can try to compile ACE by yourself using MSYS/MinGW. Here there are the instructions:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/ACE-INSTALL.html#mingw

Best wishes,
Michael

I have to leave it for few days because right now i got more important things to do, but I'll be back at this within few days I guess, and then I'll let You know if I managed to solve this problem...