Author Topic: Codeblocks seems to be infinitely building release  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Dp-Rst

• Multiple posting newcomer
Codeblocks seems to be infinitely building release
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:27:09 am »
I was coding something and when I went to build, it was just running the last build and wasn't building a new one, took me a while to notice but the changes I was making to my code weren't appearing and then I realized, I closed and restarted my pc and backed up the code but now when I press build it just infinitely builds, the build log fills with the normal messages I get but the build never finishes.

I've tried disabling antivirus, tried debugging too and debugging also seems to take forever with no end.

I'm a bit lost, been coding this project through codeblocks for years and never had a problem like this, it's just seemingly come out of the blue

Out of sheer no idea what to do next I'm going to leave this seemingly infinite building happen over night and see if anything comes of it, very confusing

Any help would be appreciated

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Codeblocks seems to be infinitely building release
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 01:05:13 pm »
What os, cb version and compiler are you using?
Can you post part of the log?
Are there repeating commands in it?
Can you reproduce this problem with a simple new console project?
Do you use custom makefile project?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]