Author Topic: CodeBlocks freezes for a few seconds when I save  (Read 2634 times)

Bozont

CodeBlocks freezes for a few seconds when I save
« on: October 18, 2018, 07:02:42 pm »
This has started happening today, my installation worked perfectly well previously. I save with ctrl+s every minute or so, because I'm paranoid. Lately, Codeblocks started freezing for 10-15 seconds about 95% of the time I do this. It also sometimes does it, when I press the build button. The project in question is not large at all, (not even 200 lines at this point) I don't have anything else open, and haven't installed anything except the basic installation.

I tried searching on this forum, but couldn't find a solution. Any idea what might be causing this?

P.S. I'm running windows 10, but as I said, it worked previously, we use win10 at university also, and nobody I know has experienced this on any of those computers.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: CodeBlocks freezes for a few seconds when I save
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:33:45 pm »
May be Windows 10 is updating to the autumn big update, this is known to slow the computer almost to the freezing point. Look at the task manager when saving or building for system load, or check the update status in configuration.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: CodeBlocks freezes for a few seconds when I save
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:14:43 am »
I would look at the Anti-Virus software to rule out one of the weird causes of issues like this.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org