Author Topic: Problems with Open CodeBlocks after installation  (Read 4029 times)

Offline NaverChangeawt

• Single posting newcomer
Problems with Open CodeBlocks after installation
« on: September 11, 2018, 08:16:53 pm »
Hello,
Im sorry for my very Bad English, but I hope you can understand it.
I have a Problem. I have installed codeblocks, a few minutes later I realized, I cant use the Compiler. In the Internet I looked for a other CodeBlocks Programm with a Compiler function. I found it. At first I deinstalled the old Codeblocks without Compiler and second I installed the other codeblocks with Compiler. It was succesful I think. And next I try to open the new Codeblocks and I get a message "Unexpected characters following Option 'd'. "  Therefore I can't open Codeblocks.

What is the meaning of this and what can i do to solve this Problem.
If you Need more Information call me

Thank you

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Problems with Open CodeBlocks after installation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 08:34:00 pm »
We definitely need more information. Where is this error message printed?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline NaverChangeawt

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 08:50:27 pm »
If I press the Codeblocks Button, it open the big Picture 'Code::Blocks the Open source Plattform Ide'. This is the first Picture that Opens every time by every Computer. In front of them i I get a small window with the Title 'Codeblocks Message' in the window is written 'Unexpected characters following Option 'd'.' This window has only one Button 'Ok'. If you push this Button 'Ok', the window will closed and opened again.

With the first Codeblocks, I have not Problems. I could normally Open and Closing. But after the Deinstallation and Installation I get this Problems. It is Possible, that the Deinstallation was not succesful and a few Folders still exist? I don't know, I hope you can Help me,
Thank you

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 09:51:05 pm »
From the looks of it, it seems you're passing invalid option to codeblocks.exe.
Are you clicking on the executable? Some text/source file? Some project file? A shortcut with some strange options?

Which version are you trying to start? Which version was the working one? Are they the same? What happens if you install the old version?
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline NaverChangeawt

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 10:05:30 pm »
The first Version was 13.12 without Compiler and the second was 13.12 with Compiler. My First Problem was I couldn't start the second Version after the Install, I get the Problem which I telled here. Therefore I delete the Folder Codeblocks from C:\Programm x86. And then I deinstalled this and installed again and in this Moment i couldt start it without Problems. The second Version is working, But i can use the Compiler, in the debug is written it isn't a Compiler installed. But I m sure I have installed the Version with the Compiler.

I'm sorry for my crazy Problems and for my bad English.

Thank you

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 12:28:29 am »
I don't know where you're getting your builds, but we are at 17.12 now and 13.12 is 5 years old.
There is no way we can help you with such an old version.

See here http://codeblocks.org/downloads/26 how you can get a recent one.