Author Topic: Change color of active line in the debugger  (Read 2964 times)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Change color of active line in the debugger
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:18:37 am »
If the debugger is stopped in one line but the cursor is in a other some wired coloring is applied. I can not change the color of the debugger line in the settings, or am i missing something?

See in the images:
First image the debugger stopped line is the same as the cursor line, so the correct color of the "ActiveLine" from the current cpp lexer is applied.
In the second image i move the cursor to line 10 and on the debugger line the default color for the active line from the cpp lexer is applied. This does not fit in my color scheme...

Is there a setting to change this or is this a bug/ missing feature?

Windows 7 current trunk

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Change color of active line in the debugger
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:02:50 am »
Ok, i found the culprit line:
sdk/cbeditor.cpp:1497
Code
control->MarkerDefine(DEBUG_MARKER_HIGHLIGHT, DEBUG_STYLE_HIGHLIGHT);
control->MarkerSetBackground(DEBUG_MARKER_HIGHLIGHT, control->GetCaretLineBackground());

the color loaded here is not the correct color. I don't know why, and debugging scintilla code is quite a pain. Anyway i don't think this is the correct color for this line. I would like to differentiate between the "active carer" line and the "current debugger position" line.
For this my suggestion is the attached patch, to add a color in the color manager...

if this discussion comes to a end i will make a ticket

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 10:56:35 am »
Debugging scintilla isn't that painful, you just need to get used to it. :)

My guess is that the order of color setting is wrong, but I don't have time to debug it now.
Create a ticket and I'll look at it. It is annoying to me, too.

I'm not sure we need another color settings. But if we add one we'll have to add two one for the line background and one for the triangle marker.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:26:25 pm »
But if we add one we'll have to add two one for the line background and one for the triangle marker.
Why do we need a other color for the marker? There we could use the default background of the margin ( i never looked into the markers of scintilla and how they work, so i am guessing here)
I would prefer to add colors. With the color manager it is quite easy to handle them... It would just need theme support, but this is a other topic...

Create a ticket and I'll look at it. It is annoying to me, too.
Ok, so i can search a other ticket to work on.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:30:30 pm »
Ticket: https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/659/

PS. does the email notification of the forum no longer works? i do not get any emails for reply to my posts....