Author Topic: Themes/color settings  (Read 3397 times)

Offline pca_

• Multiple posting newcomer
Themes/color settings
« on: April 05, 2018, 10:01:58 pm »
The colorsettings and theme settings are insanely annoying. Every time I start CB it seems I get a new color layout.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Themes/color settings
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 10:06:24 pm »
What do you mean by this?
What OS are you running?
What version of Code::Blocks are you running?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline pca_

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 10:24:15 pm »
I mean that it is confusing to use and time consuming. And sometimes when I have a color setup that I want to
keep using, next time I start up CB the layout is gone and replaced by a white background. I assumed that the current
color layout in the editor would be the one that was saved. But it seem it is possible to make changes to the colors
that only come to effect after restart. And otehr times it is in effect instantly. Also, it is not clear what the "default" color
is and when it is used.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:43:35 pm by pca_ »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:52:46 am »
Your report continues to be confusing. The last post didn't provide any new useful information, because you've not answered any of my questions.

The color settings should be preserved.
But sometimes C::B crashes on close and doesn't save the settings.
Another common problem is that the config file doesn't have correct permissions and writing to it is denied, so no settings is preserved.

You'll receive help if you provide useful information!
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]