Author Topic: Environment Settings Not Being Saved  (Read 2485 times)

Landslyde

Environment Settings Not Being Saved
« on: March 30, 2018, 05:26:20 pm »
I'm using the latest C::B SVN and can't get it to save my environment settings. Specifically the Log colors. I'm not using a skin for C::B, but I'm using a dark theme on Linux Mint that makes the log window black. No problem. But when I set some of the colors in Settings -> Environment to go with the black background, they revert back. And I don't even have to restart C::B for this to happen.

So, what can I do to make these changes stick?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Environment Settings Not Being Saved
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 06:16:05 pm »
What is the revision you're using?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:38:57 am »
And are other settings saved? Do you have the right to write the config file?

Landslyde

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 08:15:55 am »
I have no idea what I was doing that wasn't letting the environment colors stick, but they weren't. Or I wldnt have posted. That said, right after I posted this, I tried again (this was the 4th time) and they stuck. What kept changing on me was the link color on the Welcome page. My background is dark slate-gray, and the links for previous programs were blue. Hard to see against my bg. So I set them to yellow, but they'd change back to blue when I'd shut down C::B and restart it. Like I said, I have no idea what I did different the last time that I wasn't doing all along. Actually, I dont see how it cld be done differently than the one and only way there is to do it from the Menu inside C::B. Anyway, we're good.