Author Topic: QtWorkbench plugin  (Read 231994 times)

Mayler

Re: QtWorkbench plugin
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2007, 07:23:52 pm »
Yes... I will show the message in texmaker.

mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.texmaker.Debug
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Mayler/Desktop/texmaker'
g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -s -Wl,-subsystem,windows -mthreads -Wl -o "bin\texmaker.exe" object_script.texmaker texmaker.Debug  -L"c:\Qt\4.3.0\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -LC:\MinGW\lib -lQtGuid -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -loleaut32 -limm32 -lwinmm -lwinspool -lmsimg32 -lQtCored -lkernel32 -luser32 -lshell32 -luuid -lole32 -ladvapi32 -lws2_32
g++: object_script.texmaker: No such file or directory
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Mayler/Desktop/texmaker'
g++: texmaker.Debug: No such file or directory
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [bin\texmaker.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [debug] Error 2
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 3 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2007, 07:37:20 pm »
I am preparing a new release that will be out today or tomorrow. Actually it is ready but I 'm trying the linux build with automake. Check if it works for you as the while I was writing the wiki entry I was using the head build and not 0.5.0. I 'll also check when I 'm finished with the new release.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2007, 10:50:11 pm »
The new release is available in http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/
I have also added support for automake along with a patch in the C::B build process so is should be easier for linux users to try it out. Just take a look at the plugin installation instructions to see how you can build it in linux.

Mayler

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2007, 12:23:09 am »
Now it's working! :D
Thanks.

One suggestion is a option : This is a Custom Project File... But will need a good parser to make this option available.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2007, 09:26:45 am »
Not only a good parser but also a two way communication with C::B, preservation of the user formating of .pro files (like keeping comments for instance) and handling of advanced features of qmake (conditionals, scopes). Now QtWorkbench only reads settings that are present in both .pro and C::B project file from the C::B project, so even even you try to use it with handwritten .pro files it will most probably overwrite (some of) your settings. Anyway editing by hand is planned ;-)

Offline iw2nhl

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • BASIC, C, C++, Qt, bash
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2007, 12:01:02 pm »
Hi yop,
some of the things you are doing have already be done in another OpenSource project: QMake Manager which is a plugin for KDevelop.
Why not join the forces?
I've already posted some bug reports for QMake Manager and the latest release is quite stable and functional.
It supports custom .pro files (with comments too) and scopes.
Moreover it adapts to the configuration of the user, eg. it finds if the default is release or debug so to add/remove options accordingly.
I like both works, QtWorkbench and QMake Manager. Both make life easier for a Qt developer.
The idea is: instead of use the time to invent and implement what has already been done, use it to add new features.
This should happen in both directions between the two projects.

Sorry for my bad english! I hope it is clear what I mean and I hope this comment is not mis-interpreted: it's not against your very good work, I just want to help it become even better!

Thanks,
Alessandro

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2007, 12:34:38 pm »
Don't worry, I didn't misinterpret your point. I have already checked the KDevelop implementation and I don't think that my implementation is ever going to match up with them, KDevelop will always have the best available support for Qt (as I guess C::B has for wxWidgets).

Offline iw2nhl

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • BASIC, C, C++, Qt, bash
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2007, 02:36:04 pm »
Ok, thank you for the reply and keep up your good work!

Offline wildcart

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2007, 11:56:28 pm »
First of all thanks for this nice work. I've been using c::b and your plug-in early this year and was quit satisfied. I recently updated to the current versions of c::b and qtworkbench and I was confused.... doesn't the plug-in work with new version of c::b (the menu item was missing). Then I found the new documentation on your site... Again, nice work :)

However, I have one problem I can't seem to figure out. Whenever I want to debug something, the log states the debugger is started but execution does not break at breakpoints. This only happens if I modify the project to work with QT or in other words: as long as I stick to supplied project types debugging works fine. Among others, I am testing the console project. Applying the steps mentioned in your documentation to switch a Project to use qtworkbench debugging stops to work. The only thing I see with all projects is the debugger complaining about some source file it can't find (the ones with breakpoints in them), e.g.: No source file named E:/Projects/test_cb_debugging/main.cpp. but the debugger also complains if debugging is working. As far as I have seen this happens with all projects I switched to use qtworkbench  :(

I checked the compiler command and it looks ok (e.g. debugging is enabled -g). If this problem is reproducible I'll be glad to help to figure out whats wrong...

cheers
  Chriss
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:04:03 am by wildcart »

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2007, 01:31:39 pm »
Thanks for your feedback. Since there is a new release coming up I will test the main features of QtWorkbench so I will let you know if I can see any problems.

Offline gghelli

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2007, 02:48:20 pm »
I'm trying to use an external library in win32 but I'm not able to specify it in the qmake makefile, if I add it to LIBS but the plugin discards it and puts it into OBJECTS_DIR, which is not what I want.
How can I link with other libraries?
Thank you

Gianluca

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2007, 08:54:35 am »
Add it in your project's external libraries:
Project->Build Options->Linker tab

For whatever can be inputed through a codeblocks option (that is not Qt specific) you have to use the respective C::B functionality.

Squonk

« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2007, 05:26:06 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to use Code::Blocks for writing Qt applications under Windows.

I have Qt-4.3.2 (OpenSource, MingW) working from the command line : I am able to compile and run the "Hello World' application using "qmake -project", "qmake" and "make".

I installed the latest available Code::Blocks nightly build (SVN 4564 from October 26th) : it is working fine.

However, I downloaded the latest (0.5.1_alpha) QtWorkbench binairy plugin, and when I tried to install it, I get a warning:
"One or more plugins were not installed successfully:
C:\Documents and Settings\Mikeul\Mes Documents\Downloads\QtWorkbench-0.5.1_alpha.cbplugin"

Here is what I get in the logs:
[17:52:33.984]: Initializing plugins...
[17:53:12.359]: ERROR: SDK version mismatch for QtWorkbench (1.11.11). Expecting 1.11.12
[17:53:12.390]: Failed

Any idea what's wrong?

Michel
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:55:29 pm by Squonk »

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2007, 04:20:42 pm »
Yes I do: http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/issues/detail?id=9

This is expected for binary releases while there is no stable C::B SDK. When releasing new versions you will get one that works with the current (at the time) nightly build. I can't guarantee that it will work with *any* nightly build. The stable C::B release (when it comes) will be supported properly.

Quentin

« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2007, 05:46:39 pm »
I cannot install QTWOrkBench in my CodeBlocks ,Then QTworkbench is 0.51Alpha and Codeblocks svn is 4719 ,when i select plugins->manage plugins->install new ,after montine the message show install not success?Why?