Author Topic: QtWorkbench plugin  (Read 232005 times)

Offline yop

• Regular
Re: QtWorkbench plugin
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2007, 06:23:41 pm »
I added binary releases:
http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/downloads/list

Go to Plugins->Manage Plugins->Install New and select the file you downloaded. Restart c::b and voila.You can find one that is working with nightly build of 03/05/2007 for sure (and probably with earlier ones).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:30:36 pm by yop »
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

H0LL0

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2007, 10:25:11 pm »
first big thx, i tried to compile myself, but i failed cause i couldnt find older versions of xwidgets :)

is it possible to single step / set breakpoints / read variables?

the rebuild, clean and distclean options dont work, something wrong with my settings?
Code
mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `cleansub-Debug'.  Stop.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2007, 08:56:54 pm »
Try to avoid using more than one targets if you need debuging facilities.
Go to the make options of your project and change "make clean$target" to "make clean".

b_coded

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2007, 12:18:50 pm »
Hi yop,
Thanks for your plugin. I noticed it is broken under the C::B builds rev 3948 and 3960.
If you have time to catch up with the C::B builds, it would be great.

Wim B

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2007, 10:28:58 pm »
OK done. That's why I didn't want to upload a binary release before a stable c::b one. The old(er) release is still there for any one interested. You just have to select "All downloads" to see it on the list as I marked it as deprecated. Again this binary release had quite quite a few downloads considering that there are many alternatives for Qt development. You really like Code::Blocks huh? Maybe I should freeze the rest of my projects I am messing around with and pick it up again... It's wx and C++ time again :-) let's see what I can remember :-D

b_coded

« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2007, 09:39:04 pm »
Thanks for the update, yop  8)

Since I am rather new to C::B and Qt, it toke me a while to get things to work.
I now use the following steps to create a new Qt project. Maybe it can help other newcomers.

Directly after creating a new Qt project within C::B:

• Create the subdirs Debug and Release under the project dir. This needs to be done outside C::B, but you do not need to leave C::B, nor close the project.
  • Enable using a custom makefile: Project - Properties (leave first drop down on Project settings), check "This is a custom Makefile"
  • Set some make options for the entire project: Project - Build options (leave the project selected in the left box) - 2nd dropdown '"Make" options'
    Clean project/target: $make -f $makefile clean
    Similar for Dist-clean project/target.

The procedure works, but maybe things can be done simpler. Give me a (yell) reply if this is the case.

yop: would it be possible to include any of these steps in the plugin?

Wim B

Offline bfr

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2007, 04:23:28 am »
This looks awesome - this is exactly what I need!

Except, I'm having trouble with it.  I'm using Qt 4.2.3 on Windows XP and used the Windows installer.  I get "The QTDIR variable is not set.Please check your Qt installation"

What should I do?

Mayler

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2007, 06:29:30 am »
Go My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Environment Variables and add the QTDIR key with C:\Qt\4.2.3 or where you installed it.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2007, 11:06:13 pm »
@b_coded: I generally choose to create a simple console project and use the Qt Workbench to generate my targets but your approach is just fine as well. If I need more than one targets I add the respective folders. For the clean / distclean problems you mentioned I haven't thought of anything yet.

@bfr: QTDIR is a leftover from Qt 3.x. I am working on a configuration dialog to set the Qt installation path, so QTDIR envar won't be checked anymore.

Offline bfr

« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2007, 11:37:13 pm »
OK.  I'm so glad you are made and are continuing to work on this project.   :)

Just to be sure, I would put this in the "System Variables" Path variable, not the "User Variables for Owner" PATH variable, right?

Mayler

« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2007, 12:04:55 am »
that's right... One time user variable didnt worked for me.

Offline bfr

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2007, 12:32:59 am »
Cool.  I set up the QTDIR variable and build the default Qt program that Code::Blocks generate.  But, when I tried to build the program I originally was having problems with (which I was told was a problem with MOC not being run), I still get the following errors:

Code
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x68):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x6f):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xdf):: undefined reference to `MainWindow::staticMetaObject'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x17f):: undefined reference to `MainWindow::staticMetaObject'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x3c8):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x3cf):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x444):: undefined reference to `MainWindow::staticMetaObject'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x4ec):: undefined reference to `MainWindow::staticMetaObject'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x77e):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x785):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x7e1):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
objReleasemain.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x7f5):: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
:: === Build finished: 12 errors, 0 warnings ===

Here is a link to the code (and by the way, I'm only building a Release target).

Is there something wrong with my code?  Or is this a problem with QtWorkBench?  Or did I not configure QtWorkBench properly?  In the "Qt Project Options" menu as part of QtWorkBench, I have "Release" checked under "Build Mode" - "Qt" checked under "Requirements" - "Core" and "Gui" checked under "Modules to Load" - and I have C:\Qt\4.2.3\bin as my directory for the moc files, uic files, and rrc files.

Offline Mononofu

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2007, 11:17:11 am »
I've also a problem with this plugin. It compiled properly (Linux + C::B from 23. 5.), but when I copy the .zip and the .so file in the share/codeblocks and share/codeblocks/plugin/ directories, I always get this error when starting Code::Blocks:
[11:14:54.724]: ERROR: /home/mononofu/.codeblocks/share/codeblocks/plugins/libqtworkbench.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)

What am I doing wrong?

greets, Mononofu

PS: I used the sources from the SVN.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2007, 12:54:46 pm »
Be patient. I hadn't touched the plugin for ages. I 'm changing the parser, adding a configuration dialog and the way that .pro are stored and qmake invoked. It' ll take a few days, but I think it 'll become experimentally usable under all setups. You 'll be even able to debug multiple targets :-). My thoughts:
  • Parser that doesn't rely on identifiers. It will be a small simple one to start with
  • 1 .pro file per target, saved in the upper level project directory (bloated but will allow debugging multiple targets as it will match to the way c::b expects Makefile based builds to act)
  • The build procedure will be invoked by the c::b build menu entries
  • You will have to explicitly set the build method to Makefile based

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2007, 01:03:17 pm »
[11:14:54.724]: ERROR: /home/mononofu/.codeblocks/share/codeblocks/plugins/libqtworkbench.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)
Byo was reported with the same thing some time ago for wxSmith. I don't know how he solved this, I 'll ask when we get there :-)