Author Topic: QtWorkbench plugin  (Read 231974 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: QtWorkbench plugin
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 08:09:30 pm »
Hello,

I just wonder if it would be possible to add the QtWorkbench plugin to the contr. plugins. It seems that several users are interested in it and in Qt. IMHO it would be a nice addition to C::B and would solve the problem of a pre-compiled release.

What do you think about?

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 08:17:29 pm »
P.S. Morten's .zip has exactly the same sources as the one in the first post with the major difference that Morten put it in the contrib plugins so it should be easier to build and integrade it with C::B. I'll also keep that approach from now on
That's right. If you could (in addition) follow the other plugins concerning the directory structure, too? Thus, have only one base folder with the sources and a single sub-folder for the resources. That would be great... (not pushing anything here, just trying to be consistent with other's work).

With regards, Morten.

Ps.: BTW: I'd vote for integration in SVN, too... but that's only me.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2006, 10:32:25 am »
...I just wonder if it would be possible to add the QtWorkbench plugin to the contr. plugins. It seems that several users are interested in it and in Qt. IMHO it would be a nice addition to C::B and would solve the problem of a pre-compiled release...
Yiannis has already shown that he has Qt development on his mind. Let's wait for the new compiler framework, this plugin might get obsolete. It could serve the users that need to use qmake for their projects or change to a RAD Qt plugin (I have some ideas but it would introduce Qt dependencies, we 'll see). Anyway Ephialtes will be afriend of Qt :)
That's right. If you could (in addition) follow the other plugins concerning the directory structure, too? Thus, have only one base folder with the sources and a single sub-folder for the resources. That would be great... (not pushing anything here, just trying to be consistent with other's work).
I will, your solution has many advantages
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2006, 11:55:33 am »
...I just wonder if it would be possible to add the QtWorkbench plugin to the contr. plugins. It seems that several users are interested in it and in Qt. IMHO it would be a nice addition to C::B and would solve the problem of a pre-compiled release...
Yiannis has already shown that he has Qt development on his mind. Let's wait for the new compiler framework, this plugin might get obsolete. It could serve the users that need to use qmake for their projects or change to a RAD Qt plugin (I have some ideas but it would introduce Qt dependencies, we 'll see). Anyway Ephialtes will be afriend of Qt :)

Ok, I understand. Until now I use custom build for Qt, but it is not very practical to add manually moc'ed files to the project.

Let's we wait for the new compiler framework and see after how Qt could be used with C::B :).

Best wishes,
Michael

ldindon

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2006, 10:36:29 am »
I hope that the new compiler framework will permits a better integration of Qt in C::B because, unfortunatly, the plugin (yet and for me) is too limited.

A better integration could be that it could be possible to open .pro file directly with C::B (I guess I dream to much...)

Another solution, could be (like decpp plugin) to have "import from .pro / export to .pro"  options.

Another quick alternative could be that we will be able to specify a .pro to the plugin and that he only manages SOURCES and HEADERS .pro entries according to file add/remove in C::B project. Other qmake options could be managed by hand (allow to use whole power of qmake). The plugin could be in charge to setup C::B (ie: add the pre-build command "qmake <custom.pro>" to generate the Makefile and check "use a existing makefile"). Thus we will be able to use C::B original "Build", "Clean" commands.

That's just ideas, I discover C::B yesterday, so I don't have enough knowledge to know if it could be possible or not...(or probably stupid  :))

Working on a cross-platform IDE with Qt is crutial for me, so maybe (If you and my boss agree) I may contribute to this Qt integration.

Best regards.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2006, 11:02:03 am »
A better integration could be that it could be possible to open .pro file directly with C::B (I guess I dream to much...)
File->Open->your.pro for now. It is possible and easy to have an option to edit the .pro file in the plugin and I will provide it. Just write your custom things outside the identifiers.

Another solution, could be (like decpp plugin) to have "import from .pro / export to .pro"  options.
"Export" is possible (just needs another menu entry). Import is not at the moment (it would need a better parser than the one I already have).

Another quick alternative could be that we will be able to specify a .pro to the plugin and that he only manages SOURCES and HEADERS .pro entries according to file add/remove in C::B project. Other qmake options could be managed by hand (allow to use whole power of qmake). The plugin could be in charge to setup C::B (ie: add the pre-build command "qmake <custom.pro>" to generate the Makefile and check "use a existing makefile"). Thus we will be able to use C::B original "Build", "Clean" commands.
This option as said above is only one menu entry away. You just have to decide what to provide to the plugin from the C::B envinroment and the rest of the stuff is up to you ;)

Working on a cross-platform IDE with Qt is crutial for me, so maybe (If you and my boss agree) I may contribute to this Qt integration.
Gladly :) I 'm in the same place as you are (a cross-platform IDE with Qt is crutial for me). Believe it or not the requests have just started coming in, so stick around I 'll sure need your help (even using the plugin and posting what you think would be enough, if you are willing to get your hands dirty that's even better). Thanks for the sugestions.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2006, 12:23:39 am »
There is a new release available (I had some Easter holidays here in Greece and this also was a long weekend so I finally had some free time). All the issues mentioned up to now have been dealt with (more details in the first post). A big thanks to all for the valuable feedback.
The new sources should go in the contrib plugins folder of the CodeBlocks sources.
As you 'll see I've added workspace support and due to this bug it won't work. I decided to add it to make testing and confirming it easier and also see if anyone else has any idea about it (with Yiannis we already spoted a false behaviour of the compiler plugin here).
That's all, hope it got better :)
Yorgos

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2006, 10:20:23 pm »
...I wonder if there is a new version available? Because I receive a strange error that wxMenu could not be found when I try to integrate the latest version into the current SVN head.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2006, 07:50:39 pm »
Could you try again? New file (qtworkbench-0.4.1.alpha.zip) uploaded.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2006, 08:37:20 pm »
Could you try again? New file (qtworkbench-0.4.1.alpha.zip) uploaded.
Done that and it works again - thanks a lot!
If you now change the output DLL name (for Windows) from "qtworkbech" to "qtworkbench" it's perfect... ;-)

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2006, 09:43:14 pm »
If you now change the output DLL name (for Windows) from "qtworkbech" to "qtworkbench" it's perfect... ;-)
:lol: Nice catch! Uploaded qtworkbench-0.4.2.alpha.zip

Offline mmebane

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2006, 01:56:46 am »
What am I missing here? I got it built, but when I try to run QMake - Build, I get "mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `sub-Debug'.  Stop."

EDIT: Never mind, I had my old makefile in the folder. Deleted it, and it builds. Yay. But when I set build mode to debug, it complains it can't find QtGuid4. Do I have to build Qt myself to get this?

EDIT2: Trying to rebuild results in "mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `cleansub-Debug'.  Stop."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:17:19 am by mmebane »

sethjackson

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2006, 03:10:55 am »
What am I missing here? I got it built, but when I try to run QMake - Build, I get "mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `sub-Debug'.  Stop."

EDIT: Never mind, I had my old makefile in the folder. Deleted it, and it builds. Yay. But when I set build mode to debug, it complains it can't find QtGuid4. Do I have to build Qt myself to get this?

EDIT2: Trying to rebuild results in "mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `cleansub-Debug'.  Stop."

Uhh isn't that supposed to be QtGui4?

Offline mmebane

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2006, 04:16:37 am »
Code
g++ -mthreads -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-subsystem,console -o "..\bin\Debug\CaveHackQt.exe" ..\obj\Debug\cavehackwindow.o ..\obj\Debug\main.o ..\obj\Debug\weaponEditor.o ..\obj\Debug\moc_cavehackwindow.o ..\obj\Debug\moc_weaponEditor.o  -L"c:\MinGW\lib" -L"c:\Qt\4.1.4\lib" -L"c:\Qt\4.1.4\lib" -lQtCore4 -lQtGui4 -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4
C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lQtGuid4

I assume it's the debug versions of the libraries, but the Qt 4 open source binary installer for Windows doesn't seem to come with them.

Offline iw2nhl

• BASIC, C, C++, Qt, bash
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2006, 04:41:54 pm »
No, it doesn't, you have to recompile Qt yourself in debug mode.
You should have a shortcut in "Start Menu" under Qt called "Qt 4.1.4 (Build Debug Libraries)".

My one contains this:
Starting dir: C:\Qt\4.1.4
Command: %COMSPEC% /k "C:\Qt\4.1.4\bin\qtvars.bat compile_debug"

I hope this helps... ;-)